March 2013 Create Competition - Short and Sweet
Wow, I'm very surprised!

The idea of the voting was to involve more people in a new way. I thought this would be fun, and almost like a different type of competition where we get to do stuff together. We get to discuss the levels, what we like about them and then vote, and see what happens. Of course it would be easier for me to just pick my own favorites, but this idea has been around for awhile and we just haven't done it yet because of the extra work. Normally when the create levels are released, it's not clear if anyone ever plays them! You'll notice that it hasn't been unusual for a competition to go unjudged for quite some time (well, not this year yet Tongue ), so I didn't think it would hinder the new create competition in any major way. Even in the first post I said "if there are at least four entrants, we might have a public vote on how to rank the levels", though I apologize for not clarifying that "submissions will be judged in the beginning of April 2013" did not mean the same thing as announcing the results right then.

I want to try it this way this time. If you do not want to rank the other levels for some reason, I can't make you. Personally I like analyzing others' levels and giving feedback on them. I don't quite understand how having one's own levels in the mix debilitates one from evaluating the others fairly when you don't need to compare them to your own at all. I did release the names of the designers which could have a small effect on the voting, but to balance it out the voting is done in private, and additionally I didn't want the guessing of who did what to distract from enjoying the levels normally. If I keep getting an antipathetic response it lowers the odds of trying this communal voting thing again, but without having tried it, I would not have guessed all of your contention against it.

-Miika
To think twice, I actually reiterate my agreement. What happens with Create levels is that most people, like J.B. said, leave them behind. This format we're trying now allows for them to be a bit discussed about and recognized. Certainly not a bad idea for me, though I understand both sides in the argument.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Miika, do you know if this competition is going to end soon?
Sounds like someone hasn't read again. I'd feel so rushed and tickled if I were him. Slight frown
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
This competition was discussed more and voted upon in a new thread: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/670-march-2013-create-levels-and-voting/

The results were also announced there. It turns out the competition lived up to its name at least in being sweet, but not so much to the other part Slight smile