March 2013 Create Competition - Short and Sweet
A year ago we had our most attended create competition, when the theme was to keep it compact in a small area measuring just 9 x 9 tiles. Now it's time to test another aspect of keeping a level small, but instead of limiting the area, we will limit the time needed to complete the level. There is more than one reason for a level to have a relatively short time limit, but which approach will you take?

The task, should you accept it, is to create a new level with a time limit of at most 60 seconds.
This does not mean the fastest possible solution should take 59 seconds, so please use your judgement on what type of a level benefits from this time constraint. Keep in mind that a good level will be enjoyable to many types of players.

Additional notes:

-Submissions are open as long as it is March where you live!

-the level must be solvable.

-the level does not need to work in both ms and lynx.

-the level must be new; it must not have been released earlier.

-you may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other.

-points will be deducted for late entries, but will be accepted until a notice is posted in this thread.

-do not cheat. At anything. Ever.

-ask about other unclear situations.

Extra credit: write about 100 words describing your creation and the process you went through to make the level.

Submissions will be judged in the beginning of April 2013
. If there are at least four entrants, we might have a public vote on how to rank the levels.

In addition to the normal prizes (the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants), the winner will receive a SURPRISE REWARD
which will be announced later! And no, it is not that you can pick a name for our dog. (That was already won by Michael last year, and our dog is now called Jigsaw.)

Email and attach your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com

List your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "March Create - James"

Everyone is welcome to join!

-Miika
Well that's definitely an interesting idea.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Oooh, this is exciting. I still need to get my entry for last month's Create in first, though!
Submitted my entry! That level sure was a challenge to make but also a fun experience! Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Just sent mine in!!! Wink
I still don't know what I'm gonna do, so wishing for my stupid brain to wake up within 12 days.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
If we submit more than one entry, will they be included in the running, or would the more favorably judged one ultimately be chosen?
Quote:If we submit more than one entry, will they be included in the running, or would the more favorably judged one ultimately be chosen?
I think we will rank all the levels, but we will rank entrants according to their best level only. If the levels are quite similar (as in the case of updating a level), we may cut the other one. So you might see several distinct levels from one designer in the collected set of levels, but only get Chip Cup points for one level.
Proof I am working on new levels: I just submitted.

Is it against the rules to keep the level in my CraigV1 for the release?

Also, I have way more than 100 words. Is that okay?
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
It isn't against the rules to keep a level for your own set. I used many of my own for the contests here, and they're still in the set as well, just as my February level is in Gamma. You're entirely free to use it Slight smile
My YouTube Channel