March 2013 Create Competition - Short and Sweet
My ideas are conceptual, so I'd rather not talk about them (remember Panic at Floor 11?)
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
As I have received a bunch of submissions, and it's already the last week of submissions, it's now time to announce the SURPRISE REWARD! In addition to the Your Winner!-award, 15 Chip Cup points, and eternal glory, the winner will receive a slave. Wait, what? Ok, so if you win I will be your slave for an hour, which means I will work on anything CC related that you want for an hour. Is that enough? No, I'll double it and make it two hours! So you can have me do anything you want for that amount of time. Some possible ideas that you can use these couple of hours for:

-have me play your levels and give feedback
-make me work on optimizing a level
-create a level with you
-record a Let's Play of some levels you want me to play

-make me count the number of invalid tile combinations in CCLP2

You can certainly come up with more! And you know what, I'll make it three hours
! That should be enough for you to get me to do something interesting. We'll figure out the details after the results are set Slight smile

I also had a question regarding the write-ups people have sent about their levels. What should I do with those? I want to release the set of all the submissions at the start of next week and have everyone vote on which one should win. Should I release the write-ups at the same time? Or after this voting has ended? Should I make the voting public or private?

-Miika
Quote:Extra credit: write about 100 words describing your creation and the process you went through to make the level.

If we submit more than one level, will this be 100 words per participant or 100 words per level?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:If we submit more than one level, will this be 100 words per participant or 100 words per level?
Words per level. The point was to get you writing about the making of the level, and the 100 was kind of a minimum, but of course if someone wrote ten times more than that, they'd probably be blabbering on a bit too much.

Should I also award a random entrant a prize of using up my time for an hour?
I love that idea lol.

For the award, I fail to see why it would be given to a random entrant.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I'd love to see the writeups released with the levels! Will we see them soon, as well as the results?
That would be indeed very interesting to see Slight smile
My YouTube Channel
Yes it would Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Ok guys, this is what's happening. First of all, submissions are over and we have 13 levels to evaluate from nine participants. I've made a set with the levels, but am still in the process of making a ccx file to include the write-ups. Once this is done, the levels will be posted for everyone to play. Then we will vote on which levels you like the most and that will help decide the winner. I'll try to make this happen towards the end of the week, because right now I want to get the TT results and new competition going. Sorry for the wait, but this should also give you guys a bit of time to look at the three (!) new competitions before playing these create levels.

Thanks to everyone who sent in levels!

-Miika
That sounds good! How will this voting be used, though? Will it determine which of each designer's levels (in the case of multiple submissions) would be judged for the Chip Cup? Or would it determine how each level ultimately places? Or, like we plan to do for CCLP1, would the vote just be one determinant of who wins?