Puzzle Studio
Quote:You should learn Lua. It's easy for me. It took me 1 week to learn.

Would the same go for some one who doesn't know any programming languages? I take it its not like a reuglar/or full fledged language?

I wouldn't mind learning about this 'git' and stuff. (heh I have no idea what this is but I have downloaded puzzle studio a long time ago and checked it out a little). Is there a place to discuss aspects of it? Like what kind of features we'd like or dislike..
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:Is there a place to discuss aspects of it? Like what kind of features we'd like or dislike..

Why not here?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
okay, dumb question on my part.

here are some ideas I thought of which I don’t know are good or not without testing

-teleporter connection being selectable. In other words, instead of teleporters always going in reverse reading order, the level designer can decide where they go.

-(I saw this on that video of the canceled official CC2) blocks that can only be pushed in one or two directions (horizontally, vertically)

-chips over water, ice, fire. etc. Pretty much a lot the “invalid” tiles [the things that are logical anyway, if that makes sense…] If a chip can be placed on water, and chip doesn’t have flippers should he be able to get the chip or not?
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:-(I saw this on that video of the canceled official CC2) blocks that can only be pushed in one or two directions (horizontally, vertically)

I'm guessing you mean this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywG8J-v0F-M

Quote:-chips over water, ice, fire. etc. Pretty much a lot the “invalid” tiles [the things that are logical anyway, if that makes sense…] If a chip can be placed on water, and chip doesn’t have flippers should he be able to get the chip or not?

The video has an example of chips on recessed walls (0:45-0:50) and a key on water (~1:20).
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
1.Puzzle studio is 3D-like game, it's cool, but all of its 3D graphic is paste 6 same 2D images to an cubic, some time it make player confusing especially the blocks with arrows. when a bunch of 3D block accumulate together , it's hard to distinguish their borders。

2.The map during play is about 10*10, you have to patrol the level ,many times to catch the whole scene, it's too small comparing to level size which is up to 32*32.
Quote:Would the same go for some one who doesn't know any programming languages? I take it its not like a reuglar/or full fledged language?

I wouldn't mind learning about this 'git' and stuff. (heh I have no idea what this is but I have downloaded puzzle studio a long time ago and checked it out a little). Is there a place to discuss aspects of it? Like what kind of features we'd like or dislike..
it's an object orenated language, it's easy to learn.

Quote:1.Puzzle studio is 3D-like game, it's cool, but all of its 3D graphic is paste 6 same 2D images to an cubic, some time it make player confusing especially the blocks with arrows. when a bunch of 3D block accumulate together , it's hard to distinguish their borders。

2.The map during play is about 10*10, you have to patrol the level ,many times to catch the whole scene, it's too small comparing to level size which is up to 32*32.
it's so people with big tv screens can't cheat

Quote:okay, dumb question on my part.

here are some ideas I thought of which I don’t know are good or not without testing

-teleporter connection being selectable. In other words, instead of teleporters always going in reverse reading order, the level designer can decide where they go.

-(I saw this on that video of the canceled official CC2) blocks that can only be pushed in one or two directions (horizontally, vertically)

-chips over water, ice, fire. etc. Pretty much a lot the “invalid” tiles [the things that are logical anyway, if that makes sense…] If a chip can be placed on water, and chip doesn’t have flippers should he be able to get the chip or not?
if you want, program it, it's open source
Quote:Is something about LUA?I'like to learn
git is a program that lets you easily manage open-source things.

EDIT: fixed the 2 i
To play and download Puzzle Studio, please visit this page for more information:

https://sites.google.com/site/awertyb/puzzle-studio
Quote:Anyone want a download link ?

http://dl.dropbox.co...udio-master.zip
I‘ll try it tonight.
Quote:it's so people with big tv screens can't cheat
But if we decide to add some new elements, like lasers, jump box, sticky blocks and others like big circuits , the map displayed seems too small. If people have large screen, the "big tile" may cause people dizzy. we have big screens and high resolution than past, why not make full use of it?