Puzzle Studio
Looks like I'll have to learn a whole new rendering system...

GLFW error: NSGL: The targeted version of OS X only supports OpenGL 3.2 and later versions if they are forward-compatible
Okay, I tried Puzzle Studio in Wine, and now I have this right arrow key problem...

How to fix, how to fix...

EDIT:Fixed the problem!
Okay guys, I have fixed the problem, redownload Puzzle Studio from the usual page (https://sites.google.com/site/awertyb/puzzle-studio)

Tell me of any more problems please, thank you.
I know it's been a while but I'd still like to work on the graphics a little. Would it be possible to use some of the graphics from TileWorld? I'm talking mostly about the enemies here. I'd like to make new graphics for other things like doors, and green slime.

Also the player character, I'd like to make my own but don't garentee that will work out. Using the tileworld graphic would be really nice and easy.

I hope your still working on this.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I know it's been a while but I'd still like to work on the graphics a little. Would it be possible to use some of the graphics from TileWorld? I'm talking mostly about the enemies here. I'd like to make new graphics for other things like doors, and green slime.

Also the player character, I'd like to make my own but don't garentee that will work out. Using the tileworld graphic would be really nice and easy.

I hope your still working on this.
I'm still working on this, I'm cleaning up the code right now (however school started so it may take longer)
All right, I'm back, and I have cleaned up the Puzzle Studio code quite a bit, woo~!

WIP features:

Audio loads faster

Cross Platform (play on Linux or Mac)

Multiple levels in one file

Configure file

High score saving system

Convert chips.dat into a Puzzle Studio level file (Chuck's Challenge can't do this!)

A lot of stuff moved out of the engine and into the .lua files

This should make for a nice, nice treat!

Also, I have been reading the yahoo mailing list archives, couldn't see if it was released into the public domain, released under a license such as BSD/GPL, or etc.
Feature roundup:
  • JSON format now used for level saving (instead of Lua), safer and faster
  • Most of the old OpenGL functions have been removed (bye bye glBegin!)
  • Removed music (it just made the program load longer)
  • More stuff removed from the engine and into the .lua files
  • GLU removed
  • Win32 functions mostly removed (still got the message boxes and the file chooser)
  • Switched to GLFW
  • Now requires Freetype (no longer uses Win32 font functions)
  • Stopped using strings for the directions, so you won't get the bug where you can't go right anymore
  • "Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience"
Todo:
  • Multiple levels in one file (aka "levelset")
  • Fix crashing bug on Mac
This release isn't out yet, because I need to test it more.
All right, I'll release the new version under a different name, since the code is pretty much rewritten.

There will be NO more new versions of Puzzle Studio, this is the final version.

Download is below.

https://sites.google.com/site/awertyb/puzzle-studio
What will happen to Puzzle Studio now that CC2 is going to get released?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:What will happen to Puzzle Studio now that CC2 is going to get released?
Don't worry, I'm still working on it in my spare time :-)

I implemented most of the CC2 elements now, but I want to make sure it works on Windows, Mac and Linux (since I'm programming it entirely in Lua (with ffi) now, no more native code)

Also, I have a Chip's Challenge level importer, but I'm not going to release that yet.

Oh, and I'm going to push out an bugfixed release, which fixes problems moving east.

I'll only put out bugfixed releases, at least for the time being.

Edit: here's the bugfixed release: https://github.com/uyjulian/PuzzleStudio...Studio.zip