The Toughest Level You Ever Made
I really hesitate on that one. I've made some incredibly tough ones, in terms of puzzles. I'm thinking of Whirl Blast, Voices and Unicorn Rabbit (your call?).

Whirl Blast has a very interesting story. I kinda made it the pieguy way. I started by drawing all sorts of patterns with water (I knew back then that I wanted a Cloner's Maze thing), and when I was done with the drawing, it almost resembled its current design, but it was way too trivial and easy. I just needed to add bombs and water tiles at not-so-random locations to make it stricter and actually use only 9 blocks. I had pieces of solution in my mind as to where to sacrifice the blocks, the rest is all player's choices with the suggested structures. Making sure it isn't busted where I wanted it to be strict was the longest part, but it took me only an hour to make, which is a miracle in itself. The ideas came as I was drawing stuff around Slight smile
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
First off Rock, I'm pretty sure Bloblake was your hardest level.

And secondly Josh, what about Double Pain?
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Quote:First off Rock, I'm pretty sure Bloblake was your hardest level.

And secondly Josh, what about Double Pain?

Rock probably doesn't count it as he doesn't feel its a well made hard level perhaps. I mean anyone could make a hard level if lucky timings are involved.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I think BlazingApollo clarified earlier that the title of this thread was misleading; he was referring to the level that was the toughest for each designer to make, not the toughest level to play. Slight smile
that's... stupid... and yet a good idea at the same time

I'd love to see a map of Unicorn Rabbit
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Either way, Bloblake is far from being my hardest level.

Voices took me 2 months to build, spent whole nights trying out elements and mapping the order of things to do with James watching over Skype, I guess he was my moral support all along Tongue

It was built again from me drawing random things especially in the bottom section and adding stuff over it. The main room fireball pattern was the original thing to work with, but I never knew it'd turn out to such mess when it was first drawn.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Flushed IS Voices REALLY THAT HARD!?!?

I mean if not, what level is more difficult!? because you said either way Bloblake was far from being your hardest level
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
Quote:I think BlazingApollo clarified earlier that the title of this thread was misleading; he was referring to the level that was the toughest for each designer to make, not the toughest level to play. Slight smile

^ This.

But if you want to give us the challenge to defeat the devillish hard level that you made. Then, bring it on!

Though, my hardest to-make-and-to-beat level is still no other than the Hypercomplex Maze, since I don't have much time to create new levels these days. And I might won't be able to join this month's create competition :/
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
Quote:But my intention to start this thread is: Tell us about the making process of a level of yours which you think is a nightmare when you made it.

I still misunderstood that. I thought you meant the making process of our most nightmarish level, not the most nightmarish making process of our levels.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Some collabs with James are really hellish to complete as well.
My YouTube Channel