The autism spectrum
Quote:Socializing is only enjoyable to me if I really enjoy being with the people involved, or we're doing/talking about something fun/important (which are all narrow categories). To anybody who has ever impatiently tapped their foot while waiting for something to get over with, that's my mental state whenever I socialize for the sole sake of socializing.
^this

http://xkcd.com/602/
I have an AS diagnosis (as well as ADHD and OCD diagnoses), but here's what that website said. It is exactly what I expected:

Your Aspie score: 109 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 105 of 200

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

I'm all over the Interwebs! Just ask for my name on any given site, and if I'm there, I'll let you know!
[Embarrassing post from 2012 deleted]
Your Aspie score: 98 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 117 of 200

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Here's a few "aspie" questions I answered 2/2 to, and I feel these are the most accurate about me, by far:
  • As a child, was your play more directed towards, for example, sorting, building, investigating or taking things apart than towards social games with

other kids?
  • Do you or others think that you have unconventional ways of solving problems?

• Do you feel an urge to correct people with accurate facts, numbers, spelling, grammar etc., when they get something wrong?

• Do you need to do things yourself in order to remember them?

• Are you easily distracted?

• Do you find it very hard to learn things that you are not interested in?

• Is your sense of humor different from mainstream or considered odd?

• Do you get very tired after socializing, and need to regenerate alone?

• Do you often have lots of thoughts that you find hard to verbalize?

• Do you find it difficult to figure out how to behave in various situations?

• Do you tend to shut down or have a meltdown when stressed or overwhelmed?

Growing up, I spent most of my younger years online playing checkers/chess/reversi/go-moku building lego, memorizing songs on the back of CDs and how long the songs were, every lyric etc., but also doing outdoor activities (climbing trees, exploring, wanting to race people, I had/slightly have an obsession with running and a lust for competition -- even though these activities were done with people, I would typically venture off by myself) Overall, I'm not your typical introvert. I'm more of am ambivert, which is in between - although I am more on the introverted side. I get random bursts of energy where I need to be around people. I get bored of what I'm doing frequently and need to be around people, usually those whom I'm comfortable around though. I'm not awkward at all, I can really put on a good facade and seem really REALLY social. Other times, I hardly talk and just feel like recharging my battery with my PC. Also, when talking to people, it really frustrates me to no end when I'm doing all the talking and they're listening and not giving a stimulating input. I also have a large tendency to act on impulse, i.e, I didn't even bother editing this post or re-reading it before I posted it. Oh, and one more thing: I really thrive and am at my happiest/best when I make goals/get inspired from something. That stuff just makes me go woohoo!

woohoo
Quote: He is really smart and amazing at figuring out puzzles, which is why he plays CC a lot and he also is really great at fixing electrical appliances for I have no idea why but he is Thumbs up
That's basically me in a nutshell. Tongue
Nice bump.

Michael you should try programming sometime. I think you would excel amazingly at it. Wink

Also, I think I should take the Aspie quiz again because I've changed so much since last year when this thread was actually a thing.
This was interesting. I have to agree with some of the things James said, but not totally. And I have to answer yes to quite a few of the questions in Andrew Gee's post.

I used to have friends that were not interesting but I finally said enough is enough and we're not friends anymore.

While I think I definitely had Aspergers syndrome when I was little (if I don't still have it, I've change a lot) or something similar to it, and I get easily tired of social situations, I do like them occasionally. If they feel really tedious I don't think it's worth it. I think some people be together because they feel they have to for some reason—when they don't. I hate talking to someone who is clearly uncomfortable-- it makes me uncomfortable as well.

I think some of the best things in life are witnessing amazing art/performances, something beautiful in nature, and “horsing around” with your friends. Laughing

[horsing around being; sitting in some random restaurant late at night, telling jokes or ridiculous stories or thinking of crazy scenarios, or engaging in other “tomfoolery” which is not necessarily constructive (though often is)]

I've never been competitive in the least, and frankly it may sound strange but I really have a difficult time understanding competition at all sometimes.

I haven't taken the quiz because I'm too lazy and my internet connection is slow. Tongue

and is it a coincidence that so many chips challenge enthusiasts are/were autistic?

any of you read that book: "The Reason I Jump" ? Written by a young autistic Japanese boy, it was talked about on the Daily Show last week.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:I think I definitely had Aspergers syndrome when I was little (if I don't still have it, I've change a lot)

As far as i know, Asperger's syndrome (and autism in general) never goes away, and there's no cure for it. You can improve yourself and overcome it, but you'll always have the disorder.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam