The autism spectrum
James you just sound like a typical introvert, not Asperger's. I understand you completely.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Yeah, it wasn't my intention to try and claim Asperger's. I don't meet nearly enough of the necessary criteria. That particular introverted perspective does seem to be common among those that do legitimately have it, though, although that's just based on my own personal experiences with those who are autistic, and that's hardly a sample size large enough to draw serious conclusions from.
I don't need to take that quiz. I am who I am! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Oh. Upon further inspection of the pdf thing, it would appear that I have mild ADD or something like that.

Wonderful.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:my initial reaction is not Slight smile but rather Unamused at the thought of having to do the following:

1) Ride public transit for 1 hour while making pointless small talk

2) Walk around downtown for 1 hour while still talking about nothing interesting

3) Eat dinner for 1 hour while continuing to talk nothing about nothing

4) Walk around downtown for another hour while nothing talking nothing about nothing

5) Ride public transit back for yet another hour while nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing

This post made me laugh, mainly because it's so true! It's weird how social situations are rarely (never) as exciting as you might imagine them to be. I can completely understand why you'd give up on the whole concept.

"Small talk" is a terrible concept. The Native Americans had the right idea; don't say anything unless you have anything to say! Sadly, most people in Western cultures lack this sort of discipline.

(That said, I love public transit. Joyriding on the bus was one of the small pleasures of my teenaged life. Maybe it'd have been different were I forced to make small talk.)

Quote:More likely than not, if I accept, I get back to my house at the end of it all wishing I hadn't wasted 5 hours of my life (and some $) that I could have spent doing something actually enjoyable.

What do you find enjoyable?

Quote:

also, practically none of this post applies to online interaction at all.

[Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif][Image: 7a416d1ec2510a77145b032f0a6be7fa56d23c40.gif]

Quote:I don't need to take that quiz. I am who I am! Thumbs up

It's true that autism is just another label...but then, knowing what you have can help you deal with those facets of your personality that might be seen as "odd" or otherwise unorthodox...or so I've been told.

Quote:Oh. Upon further inspection of the pdf thing, it would appear that I have mild ADD or something like that.

Wonderful.

Honestly, I seriously doubt that anyone who completed that quiz could have ADD. I don't have ADD, and yet I still grew impatient taking it. Slight smile
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I remember taking that test once. Can't remember the numbers, but they were both around 100.
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

Your Aspie score: 45 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 169 of 200

You are very likely neurotypical

That's nice.
Din Aspie poäng : 88 av 200

Din neurotypiska (icke-autistiska) poäng: 137 av 200

Stor sannolikhet att du är neurotypisk

Interesting site!
Quote:I don't need to take that quiz. I am who I am! Thumbs up

Agreed.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
^Well, again, remember that you can have a label attached to you and still be who you are. Slight smile
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.