Do you use slang terms that aren't native to your country?
I always liked that Lincoln joke; I think it's even funnier when you ask Jackie how she liked Dallas. Anyway...

Jennifer Connelly was the only reason I could sit through Mulholland Falls. Or Inventing The Abbotts, for that matter.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I use a ton of them. My grandma is British, which is where most of them come from. In normal conversation you will hear me say "Oi!" to get attention from someone, "Bloody Hell" as one of my many swear words upon expressing anger, and quite a few Spanish swear words too just because I know them.

Not sure I even want to know where "sacculus" originated from.
Sheistkopf! That's the only german one I know.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I called someone something very very inappropriate today using British slang. To be fair, they were British, so it makes sense in context.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:I use a ton of them. My grandma is British, which is where most of them come from. In normal conversation you will hear me say "Oi!" to get attention from someone, "Bloody Hell" as one of my many swear words upon expressing anger, and quite a few Spanish swear words too just because I know them.

I didn't know "Oi!" was British in origin...I mean, I know about Oi! punk and all, but it's a fairly common term in PA as well...

As much as I dig Brit slang, I've never found myself using "bloody." I'm not sure why. Maybe it just strikes me as too "so what do you say, old chap?" for my liking.

Quote:I called someone something very very inappropriate today using British slang.

Care to share? Inquiring minds...Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I had the biggest crush on Ally Sheedy too when I saw "Short Circuit"...and then, decades later, she manages to creep me out with her recurring character on "Psych." Tongue
I've started picking them up as a substitute for traditional swearing: "codswallop" is one example. Sometimes I've invented my own swears, and just as often I steal from the CCBBC: "Oh sacculus" is reasonably common, but one of my favorites is "OH SHIITAKE!" because it actually does sound like a real swear. It's not necessarily just because I find swearing is below me, but because I like to challenge myself and devise something more inventive as a consequence of staying family-friendly; oftentimes, it's been funnier than the original word could have been!
...not to mention that it appeared in "Spy Kids"!
Quote:one of my favorites is "OH SHIITAKE!"

I like that one!

Cockney slang is fun to use around here, 'cause no one knows what you're talking about. You can go around saying that John Doe is "a right James Blunt," and not only will people miss the slur, they dno't even know who James Blunt is!

(Of course, it's probably best for them if they don't know who James Blunt is.)
Australia has some of the best. I got most of them from when I used to watch Steve Irwin when he was the Crocodile Hunter. Man I miss that guy so much. Slight frown
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]