What 'Elements' -make a great level?
This we have plenty of time to figure out. I still completely disagree with CCLP3's difficulty peak, though.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I still completely disagree with CCLP3's difficulty peak, though.

How so? I suppose this depends on how we define difficulty; I'm fine with levels like Avalanche or Same Game, for which pure logic is sufficient.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I've covered my vision of that thousands of times, it's totally logical to believe what I believe, and I don't feel like repeating it for the 1,063rd time.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I've covered my vision of that thousands of times, it's totally logical to believe what I believe, and I don't feel like repeating it for the 1,063rd time.
Beliefs are beliefs....and CCLP3 isn't perfect.

CCLP1 will be though Smiley
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Those beliefs are based on abject gaming facts, and are perfectly rational. Funny how I get replies from everyone who didn't watch any of my CCLP3 videos and have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Nothing's perfect, perfection is a relative and totally abstract concept, unique to everybody.
My YouTube Channel
I'm sorry; I guess I didn't realize that I had to be conversant with your videos in order to ask a question or otherwise engage you in discussion on a forum. : /

BTW, what exactly is an "abject gaming fact"?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Well if you are to engage me, be sure you know what my point is and what arguments I bring on the table...

Also, don't engage me on word Nazism, for it's my 2nd language. I based my arguments on gaming elements that are generally accepted by any gamer. I never saw someone falling on guesswork in any game and saying "This is such good game design". (That was an example)
My YouTube Channel
Well, the thing is, I don't know what your point is, or what arguments you'd bring to the table. That's why I asked you the question. All I know is that you disagree with CCLP3's "difficulty peak," and we both agree that YCTAOFNT is perhaps an artificially difficult puzzle.

I genuinely don't know what you mean by "abject gaming facts." Perhaps that's because I'm not a gamer. Could you please enlighten me?

Also, I have difficulty believing that there are "gaming elements that are generally accepted by any gamer." Again, it may be that this simply falls outside of my realm of experience, but I've found that it's difficult to get people to agree on facts, let alone something subjective such as "what makes a good puzzle?"
I think your use of the word "abject" is a little confusing. The only context most of us see (at least in America) of that word is in the phrase "abject poverty". Most of us have no idea what it actually means.

Dictionary.com defines abject thus:
  • (of a situation or condition) Extremely bad, unpleasant, and degrading.

• (of an unhappy state of mind) Experienced to the maximum degree.

I don't think either of those is what you mean. (I could be wrong.) If what you mean is "apparent to anyone with experience in the field", then maybe you should say that.

Or perhaps you really mean "abstract"?

Anyway, there are "generally accepted" ideas in the gaming community, but what's good (by your own argument), is what's good in your own eyes.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
...yeah, I took a trip to the dictionary to see if there was an alternate definition for "abject" that I was unfamiliar with. Maybe I'm misreading the OP?