What 'Elements' -make a great level?
I disagree with Rotation. Once you read the hint, and try it a few times, it's pretty straightforward. You just have to count in base 5.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
The problem I have with Rotation is the Suction boot and fire underneath blocks near the beginning, not the Riven part. The Riven part was awesome!
Yeah, that was kind of annoying. Also, the teeth were tricky.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Rotation was a great level and definitely suits in my top 5 favorite CCLP3 levels! As mostly everyone has said, YCTAOFNT was insanely difficult and the lineary of the level didn't help at all which is why I don't like that level at all. Same Game was merely just a boring sokoban with a difficult catch IMO. I didn't really like Vulcan because of the many different ways to solve it. The room with all those locks was pretty creative though! The other levels like Suspended Animation were just really confusing to understand. Avalanche remains as my favorite difficult level of the set, which is a surprise now because i disliked it when I first played it. But once you know how to solve the level, it's actually quite fun. Levels like Waterslide and Diabolical were great relievers in the set, but I didn't really like Waterslide TBH.

All my opinion as well. Not interfering with anyone elses.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Some levels in CCLP3 were just outright over-powered in my opinion, which caused me to lose my motivation toward the end of the set. Same Game, Recurring Dream, Suspended Animation, Rotation, Vulcan, and Old Frog New Tricks (somewhat) were examples of this, where the difficulty was unnecessarily high and could have been a lot easier and thus more fun.

Well, I think that was one of the consequences of CCLP3 trying to appeal to the largest possible audience. You had simple little puzzles like Marooned sharing space with ridiculous brain teasers like Same Game. I doubt many people would love both levels equally...but the fact that they share space in the same levelset makes for quite the democratic playing experience.

Quote:Same Game was merely just a boring sokoban with a difficult catch IMO.

Really? I thought that the aesthetics of the level were far beyond 99% of sobokans. It was more than just Chip, blocks, and a bunch of walls. Same Game is one of those levels that's fun just to look at.

Quote:Levels like Waterslide and Diabolical were great relievers in the set, but I didn't really like Waterslide TBH.

I liked Waterslide, but I'd agree that were better "relievers" in CCLP3.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Waterslide was terrible until I learned about the easier solution!

I'm a huge fan of Suspended Animation, even if my favorite solution only works in Lynx. Flushed

Avalanche was very hard, but once I got into it it was addictive. Same for YCTaOFNT, except that the teeth part at the very end was truly Diabolical (unlike Diabolical, which was pretty darn easy.)

Also a fan of YAYAP. Sure it takes forever, but once you figure out the trick is the bouncing block, it's straightforward.
Suspended Animation's definitely a good 'un. It does an impressive job of packing a lot of stuff into the level without it ever feeling overcrowded.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I remember upon first seeing "Suspended Animation," I was completely overwhelmed. But after playing through and discovering both solutions...it's really quite the nifty level. Slight smile
My solution to Suspended Animation in Lynx was basically impossible to execute in MS, so I had to use a completely different solution. I heard there were actually three.

I love that level.
Is the third one the one with the small bust pieguy mentioned?