What 'Elements' -make a great level?
Josh has already claimed it on the level title bank, though. Wink
Quote:Josh has already claimed it on the level title bank, though. Wink

Someone took one of my level name suggestions? Wow!

I'm surprised "Trevor's Hedges" had never been done. Someone has to take "2 Chips 1 Cup" next. Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
NO. Just no.
Quote:Someone has to take "2 Chips 1 Cup" next. Thumbs up

Thumbs up

I just came up with a random town name for a level that has a ghost town in it [i posted a few things about the "ghost town" part of the story in my levelset thread!]. I named it "Vunnthra". I don't know where that came from...
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:Someone has to take "2 Chips 1 Cup" next.

This is so sig-worthy! I'm still laughing.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:This is so sig-worthy! I'm still laughing.

Heart
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
how do you feel about a level that has puzzles which involve you to write something down or utilize more than just the level itself? (e.g. the title is a clue)

I personally like level sets that have a on-going theme through-out. [i don't know if I played any like that yet however...] I really liked pieguy's "table of contents" idea. (so I made my own Slight smile )

and... trick levels? I figure pretty much everybody hates these. However, if done sparingly and not super long or tedious I don't mind playing a level like that. (I'm talking about levels that can actually be solved like the Busted version of "Trust Me")
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Quote:how do you feel about a level that has puzzles which involve you to write something down or utilize more than just the level itself? (e.g. the title is a clue)

I like levels like this, but if it's really important to know that the level is meant to be solved using a map or other complicated calculations. So if the other levels around it are all solvable within the game, and it might take me 15 minutes to realize I have to solve this one level by some more complicated means, then by that time I just might skip to the next one. For me it's all about having fun and a lot of that comes from knowing the type of level I'm faced with.
Quote:how do you feel about a level that has puzzles which involve you to write something down or utilize more than just the level itself?

I have only one level with this element, which is level 125 of JoshL2. However, I made it simple for players, by telling them to just look in the editor Wink
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
If you have to write it down, I have no problem with that. It should be solvable with the info you give to the player.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow