What 'Elements' -make a great level?
You know what, never mind, and yeah I meant apparent to anyone with experience in the field. I'll never win any fight in this community anyway. Explaining would be too long, and I don't have the patience to deal with it

By the way, thanks for the moral, Dave, I feel really really good right now. You don't even know what I was talking about, and you hand over morals like hot buns. Maybe I was right?
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
How dare you accuse me of having morals! Tongue

Relax, Rock. I agree with you that the difficulty curve in CCLP3 isn't perfect. Neither is it in CC1 (SPIRALS, anyone?), and surely CCLP2 is a mess.

And yes, I am a grammar Nazi. Smiley

I really should watch more of your videos. Most of the time I'm not where I can listen.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Well, he said "difficulty peak." I hate to be a pedant (though this rarely stops me from being one), but "difficulty peak" and "difficulty curve" are different concepts in my book.

I actually thought that the difficulty curve in CCLP3 was quite reasonable (complete with the odd "easy" level, like Marooned or Diabolical, as a breather).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Well, he said "difficulty peak." I hate to be a pedant (though this rarely stops me from being one), but "difficulty peak" and "difficulty curve" are different concepts in my book.

I actually thought that the difficulty curve in CCLP3 was quite reasonable (complete with the odd "easy" level, like Marooned or Diabolical, as a breather).

Well now you are splitting hairs. And who says "a pedant"? That's abjectly confusing bananas! Plankton

Additionally, I'm just annoying.

The difficulty curve in CCLP3 was okay I guess -- it's not like Same Game was level 29 or something. (Actually level 34 was a little difficult for its placement, but I get that.) As for a "peak", that's subjective. Some people found Suspended Animation to be the most difficult level, whereas I just found it fun.

Make a comic!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
...well, if you randomized the sequence of levels in any given LP, the difficulty "peak" would be the same, but the "curve" would be completely different (and quite possibly non-existent, at least in the form of a linear progression)...no?

(I guess I'm just annoying as well.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Yes, I guess that's so. What level do you think the peak was in CCLP3? 144? Avalanche?
Considering that I haven't finished the set and have no plans to do so, I can hardly offer a reliable opinion. Wink

That said, there are a number of levels in which I can't even figure out the goal: e.g. 140, 144, 145. I guess I'd have to call these ones the "hardest," because I don't know where to start! At least with Avalanche or Same Game or Bug Arranging, I know what I'm supposed to do (I just don't know how to do it!).

What do you think the peak was?
Well, it's hard for me to say. YCTaOFNT was certainly a challenge. So was Same Game -- I would never have figured that out without help.

The point of 140 isn't that hard to figure out -- get to the exit! No, seriously, if you want a hint on any level let me know.

Then again "Pushy" was a little tricky until I got the trick.
Eh, I don't think I'd get much satisfaction out of completing a level with hints or avi's (I watched Ben's 144 avi 'cause I knew I'd never figure it out on my own). I'm a lazy sod; I'd rather leave the insane levels incomplete than put in the requisite effort to figure them out myself. But thanks for the offer! Thumbs up

(Re: Pushy, I figured out the secret pretty quickly, but executing it was something of a pain. Eventually, I said, "This is ridiculous; I'll try three more times, and then I'm through." The second time out, I got the partial post. So YAY for that.)
Some levels in CCLP3 were just outright over-powered in my opinion, which caused me to lose my motivation toward the end of the set. Same Game, Recurring Dream, Suspended Animation, Rotation, Vulcan, and Old Frog New Tricks (somewhat) were examples of this, where the difficulty was unnecessarily high and could have been a lot easier and thus more fun. YCaOFNT seems to be more of a form of art though that had never been used so well before, which may seem crazy but it still explains why I love it so much.

On the other hand, levels such as We'll Be Right Back, YAYAP, Mudpie, and LUNiT are difficult in a much more natural way, in that they are difficult puzzles without so many "catches" involved just to make it harder (except for LUNiT but this was a whole different concept).

I'm not trying to argue against anyone's opinion here, I'm just adding my own opinion.