Top 10 favourite video games of all-time
Ben, I didn't know that you were also a fan of TASes! Laughing
Quote:Listen to the bajillion sites that say it's 10 stars. It's an amazing game. Brawl is good too though.

This. Almost every poor review I've seen of Skyward Sword has boiled down to the reviewer being anal about the game using cell-shaded graphics.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:This. Almost every poor review I've seen of Skyward Sword has boiled down to the reviewer being anal about the game using cell-shaded graphics.

I have read the reviews and they seem to be knocking it down because it is similar to other Zelda games. Like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I just finished playing through the original Knights of the Old Republic (2003). Definitely one of my favorite games, and one of the best game stories I've seen along with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.
I must argue that the best video game story I have seen is probably the Portal series, followed by the Myst series. Games such as Driver: San Francisco are also pretty great in the storyline department; what I wish more games had.
Quote:I must argue that the best video game story I have seen is probably the Portal series, followed by the Myst series. Games such as Driver: San Francisco are also pretty great in the storyline department; what I wish more games had.

You want more storyline?

Phoenix Wright Series

Miles Edgeworth Investigations

Ghost Trick

Professor Layton Series

BAM.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:You want more storyline?

Phoenix Wright Series

Miles Edgeworth Investigations

Ghost Trick

Professor Layton Series

BAM.

This.

Skyrim has an acceptably delicious storyline if you're willing to put up with the huge deus ex machina in the beginning.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I haven't played any console games made after like 2003, except for playing other people's games. Choosing games for this list would be tough. My era was Super Nintendo and Playstation, and between those, very much Squaresoft and Nintendo. I'll just name some of the games that impressed me most, and that I still like and possibly play in emulation, since my playstation died and my super nintendo is just annoying to set up.

1. Super Metroid

2. Chrono Trigger

4. Xenogears

5. Final Fantasy IX

5. Metal Gear Solid

6. Kirby Super Star

7. Earthbound

8. Yoshi's Island

9. Super Mario RPG

10. Final Fantasy VII
FF IX before VII and VI? Interesting.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I don't think it's that odd, exactly. VI has good characters, but the plot was less interesting, by a lot. VII had good characters too, but weird mechanics and the ugliest, nastiest aesthetics. It's subjective, but I just prefer IX in those respects. Its gameplay was interesting too, and of course it had better graphics.