Suggestions for Super Tile World!
Since it came up in another topic, if someone was willing to make a new version of TileWorld with a "classic" mode for CC, and a new "advanced" mode -- what features would you like to see?

For example, it's been suggested that there be new tiles, more monsters, different shaped levels, etc. Even two-player mode has been suggested.

What are your ideas?

And, is anyone interested in working on this project?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Contact pieguy - he's given some thought to it. Slight smile
Two player? It seems a little overkill. I mean the types of levels that could be solved by requiring perfect timing between two players is ridiculous. Perhaps we could settle for a simplified version where, if a level has several Chips, pressing some key would change which one is the active one. This would be much like playing two player, except not needing to worry about timing this perfectly together. Of coure then again it's nothing like two-player, so what ever .-)

But this all sounds like a new ruleset. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have another one of those. But if someone does make one, I'd like it to be animated but with a buffer on the movement. So for example the player could only move at five distinct times per second, but the animation would update more often, so sometimes if you press a key, the movement will feel like it's lagging.

-Miika
I think a 2 player head to head could work in Tile World, although I'm not sure how fair it will be if your opponent is like 30 seconds ahead. Maybe someway Tile World could implement the CC Zone competition modes into play, like adding points for collecting Keys or Boots instead of just relying on time bonus and first time completion.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
All this talk of new Tile World features is tempting me to start working on a "new and improved" ML Maze that would having scrolling Lynx-style movement, more tiles, and perhaps a map size larger than 32x32... But I doubt I'd have the time - maybe if I had started it back at the beginning of Christmas break instead of considering it now - 5 days before it ends... Slight frown
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
For the future, yes.

- More lock and key types, including a "universal" key that works once in any lock before being used.

- A counter to show you how many of each type of key you have would be nice.

- A key theif

- A monster-only tile, although you can already improvise that.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:- A monster-only tile, although you can already improvise that.

I've run into plenty of instances where I wanted a monster to go through, but no way to improvise it. Ergo, I think a monster-only tile would be good.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
My suggestion is having a more friendly menu that gives you the option for the sets, rulesets, tiles, the bg, the soundset, music, and all other fancy stuff that'd make it more welcoming to players who want to rediscover this game but find themselves in front of a necessary coding.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
How has nobody said this?

No .dac files.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Agreed. That was sort of included in my suggestions. No fancy fooling around to get what you want.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow