Poll: What languages do you know?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
English
36.11%
26 36.11%
French
16.67%
12 16.67%
German
6.94%
5 6.94%
Spanish
6.94%
5 6.94%
Italian
4.17%
3 4.17%
Japanese
5.56%
4 5.56%
Chinese
4.17%
3 4.17%
Russian
1.39%
1 1.39%
Other
18.06%
13 18.06%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What languages do you know?
Count me among the proud grammar Nazis. Slight smile
I know NO programming, it is so hard because every single bloody line must be set up perfectly correct or else you have a crash or even a BSoD. In real languages, you can make mistakes without knocking out whoever you are talking to, but not in programming.
Wow so many grammar Nazis over here, and yet I never get corrected for my bad English. I guess that's good news TongueTeeth
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
That's because we enjoy hearing the Rock Dialect. Slight smile
Quote:I know NO programming, it is so hard because every single bloody line must be set up perfectly correct or else you have a crash or even a BSoD. In real languages, you can make mistakes without knocking out whoever you are talking to, but not in programming.

Some of it isn't so bad. But, in general, you're right.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:That's because we enjoy hearing the Rock Dialect. Slight smile
exactly!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I don't even know what kind of derivative of the English I'm speaking. All I know is that there's a lot of stuff and things involved. Which is pretty great.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I don't even know what kind of derivative of the English I'm speaking. All I know is that there's a lot of stuff and things involved. Which is pretty great.

I didn't know English even had any derivatives or dialects. I understand that people from other countries have different accents and stuff, but very few different words and stuff... which is pretty great too.
Well, if you speak English you can go to any english speaking country and hold a conversation with people. However, it's not really that simple...

There's the variation of English spoken in the US and Canada which is most widespread, and then there's British English, and a hundred other minor variations depending on where you are. But at its core, it's still english and is readily recognizable as such.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Pittsburghese is a dialect all its own. Apart from the mispronounced words and obvious accent, there are dictionaries devoted to all the words and terms that make outsiders go "Huh?"
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.