Poll: What languages do you know?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
English
36.11%
26 36.11%
French
16.67%
12 16.67%
German
6.94%
5 6.94%
Spanish
6.94%
5 6.94%
Italian
4.17%
3 4.17%
Japanese
5.56%
4 5.56%
Chinese
4.17%
3 4.17%
Russian
1.39%
1 1.39%
Other
18.06%
13 18.06%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What languages do you know?
Ireland is talking about leaving the UK, and the guy I heard on the radio was discussing how the Irish language isn't English and making the point that the culture is very different.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:Ireland is talking about leaving the UK, and the guy I heard on the radio was discussing how the Irish language isn't English and making the point that the culture is very different.

Umm... Ireland is it's own country already... The UK has England, Scotland, and Wales. Not Ireland.

But you gotta love the Irish Slight smile
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Gotta love the Scottish too (cue James)
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I just realised that adding English was kind of pointless in the poll. Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I learned a new language today at work when a customer came in and said this (I'm not kidding): "I'm looking for this thing. It's a thing you put into the thing on your gate, which is attached to another thing that goes into the thing. Do you know where I might find that?" Slight smile
Perhaps he was using sign language to compensate? Tongue

Sounds like some sort of chained lock...

... This could actually make for a more interesting site game than "I Spy": You would be allowed to use only one specific noun (e.g. gate above) and the rest would have to be "thing"s and verbs.

- Madhav.
Oh no...I have truly opened up Pandora's Box. Tongue
Quote:"I remember taking Spanish tests when I was in school. I would just take all the English words and add "o" to the end of 'em. I got an f-o." - Brian Regan

That's sort of what you do to speak german if you know swedish! Just add "ge-" to the beginning or switch the ending to "-lich"... A friend of mine (who is really bright), forgot to study for his german test, but for all the words he didn't know, he took the swedish word and germanifyed it. He got like 90%.

Anyway, I speak swedish and english, of course, learnt french for several years but haven't used it much recently, am currently learning german, and also speak swahili Slight smile

Edit: Oh, and I also learned a bit of hindi a few years a go, before and during a trip to India. Sadly, I've forgotten most of it. I can still read the script, but won't understand what I'm reading.

And I believe it's Scotland that's talking about breaking out of the UK!
English, Grammar Nazi, French, Maltese and Jibberish are all on my list of languages. And I really need to learn some wacky new English words since I might be appearing on a TV show featuring linguistic and mathematic challenges.
Read the sentence below this one.

You owe me $20.

Read the sentence above this one.
Quote:I learned a new language today at work when a customer came in and said this (I'm not kidding): "I'm looking for this thing. It's a thing you put into the thing on your gate, which is attached to another thing that goes into the thing. Do you know where I might find that?" Slight smile

Hey, it was me!

Quote:... This could actually make for a more interesting site game than "I Spy": You would be allowed to use only one specific noun (e.g. gate above) and the rest would have to be "thing"s and verbs.

That's definitely a really good idea.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow