January 2012 - Time Trial
Quote:I'm not really aiming for ultra-complex levels these days, to be honest - just trying to keep the gameplay simple while maintaining design tactics reminiscent of CC1. So there probably won't be a huge amount of new unique ideas and puzzles in my upcoming set release. Slight smile

That's quite all right by me - I've been preferring to play that type of level lately over long complex puzzle-type levels, probably in part due to not always having large amounts of time to set aside for CC playing and partly due to laziness. Smiley Plus it's easier to play the simpler CC1-style levels without the editor, which adds some fun factor as well...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:That's quite all right by me - I've been preferring to play that type of level lately over long complex puzzle-type levels, probably in part due to not always having large amounts of time to set aside for CC playing and partly due to laziness. Smiley Plus it's easier to play the simpler CC1-style levels without the editor, which adds some fun factor as well...

I think a lot of people are in your position these days. Slight smile Which is probably a good thing.
Entry submitted Slight smile .

I really liked the levels. They were simple and straightforward, yet fun to play. Thumbs up
Thanks, Markus! Simple and straightforward are what I'm hoping to go for in my latest levels.
Here we are, folks. Who was the fastest racer?!

We got 6 entries for this opener, the best one leaving 9 seconds on the clock on "Productivity" and a tremendous 333 on "Hip to be Square", cheer up for our January 2012 Time Trial Competition winner: pieguy!

The standings and points for the Chip Cup:

pieguy 9+333 = 342 -- 15pts

Markus 9+331 = 340 -- 12pts

M11k4 9+330 = 339 -- 10pts

Hornlitz 7+328 = 335 -- 8pts

paulgilb 8+324 = 332 -- 7pts

geodave 1+244 = 245 -- 6pts

Congratulations and thanks for participating!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Congrats to the winner! May you slip and fall and not be able to participate this month.

And good job Markus too! Am impressed. (And thanks for hinting that my score of 8 seconds on the first level wasn't optimal Slight smile ) (btw, I thought my 330 was decent, but am not surprised to have it beaten considering the many combinations and the time I spent on the level.)

And hats off to JB for the levels! I wonder what your scores were?

And thanks to Rock for the scoring. We appreciate the speed of that too. When will the winning submissions be viewable somewhere?

And I guess thanks to everyone for not locking this thread ever.

-Miika
I never got the chance to really optimize them. Slight frown Maybe one day...