Ten Levels You Would Like to See in CCLP1
I believe that's one of the ranking milestone awards. (I've got the "149" next to mine because I made it through the CC1 ranks.)
It's exactly the posting milestones. Also, stop destroying my arguments. Tongue My "A Puzzle" point still stands though, since Yet Another Puzzle means there was one before, and Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle implies that puzzle was of the same nature title wise, so I really don't see why we should not at least consider that avenue. A reference is mostly always a winner.

Plus, I see something very worthy of that in Blue's set (his only level ranked 4), or it would be appropriate to make that an Eric level again Slight smile
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
There's a level in The Last Few Chips II called "The Puzzle." I don't know if it's really up to snuff, but it is in the voting pool. I could offer an update of it, if people would want. Basically all I would do would be making the running time less and the puzzle time more. And putting an actual hint, perhaps.

As far as other levels go, I would like to see Inside Chip's Computer (the original, found at the end of CCTLFC2-DX) and Flawless (from CCTLFC3) except maybe without such a tight time constraint. Unless it replaces Knot. Both those levels are by JamesS.
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
Quote:I would still love to see a random force floor level at level 23, because I love random force floors and 23 is my favorite number.

Besides, every other level 23 sucks and that disappoints me.

Also, what is this picture next to my ranking? the one with Chip, a nut, and a bolt?

Not alot of people like random force field levels due to making bold times much harder. Sad but true. I personally love them.

Also, agree with Rock. It would be like calling the original Chip Alone "Chip Alone 2" in CCLP1.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:It's exactly the posting milestones. Also, stop destroying my arguments. My "A Puzzle" point still stands though, since Yet Another Puzzle means there was one before, and Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle implies that puzzle was of the same nature title wise, so I really don't see why we should not at least consider that avenue. A reference is mostly always a winner.

I wasn't trying to say that making the reference was a bad idea, but only that we shouldn't be viewing it as a requirement. "Yet Another Puzzle" as a title accomplishes exactly what a title like "Yet Another Block-Pushing Level" accomplishes (in fact, there was a level with a similar title in EricS1): it's not referring to one specific level as a predecessor; rather, it acknowledges that there were multiple puzzles or block-pushing challenges that preceded it, and it's just another in a long line that's not a direct sequel to anything in particular. On the other hand, "Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle" is a direct sequel to its predecessor. (We named it as such because the original title was "The Last Laugh II," but besides the non-obvious solution, there wasn't much to connect it with the original. It was actually going to be the title of the level that eventually became "Investment," but we figured it more appropriate to attach it to a level by the same designer.) "A Puzzle" could very well be the name of a CCLP1 level, sure - but I guess I just don't see the need for it.

As for "Chip Alone" (which is a different case entirely): "Chip Alone: Lost in Chip City" originally had a "2" before its subtitle in its original set appearance. We had a bit of a debate on the CCLP3 staff about this one because on one hand, there was no Chip Alone 1 in a CCLP, but on the other hand, the level directly references a movie with "2" in its name and could be viewed as such instead of a sequel to a CC level. In the end, we decided to abandon the "2," much like the new Star Trek movies are abandoning numerical designations. This allowed the movie reference to remain mostly intact with the subtitle still attached while not treating the level like a CC sequel. So, if Chip Alone makes it into CCLP1, there's no reason to change its title. Slight smile
I have to agree with that Chip Alone argument.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Maybe level 34 should be called Cypher School
MY WEAPON SUCKS!
I actually think it's a good idea Tongue
My YouTube Channel
Quote:I wasn't trying to say that making the reference was a bad idea, but only that we shouldn't be viewing it as a requirement. "Yet Another Puzzle" as a title accomplishes exactly what a title like "Yet Another Block-Pushing Level" accomplishes (in fact, there was a level with a similar title in EricS1): it's not referring to one specific level as a predecessor; rather, it acknowledges that there were multiple puzzles or block-pushing challenges that preceded it, and it's just another in a long line that's not a direct sequel to anything in particular. On the other hand, "Yet Another Yet Another Puzzle" is a direct sequel to its predecessor. (We named it as such because the original title was "The Last Laugh II," but besides the non-obvious solution, there wasn't much to connect it with the original. It was actually going to be the title of the level that eventually became "Investment," but we figured it more appropriate to attach it to a level by the same designer.) "A Puzzle" could very well be the name of a CCLP1 level, sure - but I guess I just don't see the need for it.

Agreed. While it would be cool to have a "Puzzle" titled level I think it would be best to wait for a finalized list before making that decision, if a specific level really calls for it. Otherwise I don't see the necessity as J.B. explains.

For the Cypher level I think it would be best to put it at 34 to be consistent with the next levelsets, but I see no harm in calling it "Cheat Factory" or "Warp Station" or something like that that gives the hint to the player that there might be more than meets the eye. I agree with J.B.'s idea to update a version of CCLP2 with a new title for Cypher II, as I see no harm in modifying the continuity where needed.

Not sure why J.B.'s name isn't showing up in the quote bubble, but it could be an issue for just me. Edit: It came back, never mind.
Yup it's there.

I'll add another aspect to the whole thing. While CCLP1 storyline is currently blurry, it has to justify what "Chip has come through" at some point, as explained in CCLP3's storyline. Therefore, while we may not exactly reproduce every piece of level we can find, plus depending of the voting results, we may want to include as many references as we can, because we ultimately see people playing CCLP1, CCLP2 then CCLP3 chronologically. At the same time, it's not super important since it doesn't really carry on to CCLP2 (as it is right now), but I really, really don't see why we wouldn't call a certain voted level "A Puzzle" regarding that chronology.

As for the Cypher, I think it would be disappointing not to keep that tradition going on, but must I remind everyone that it's #34 in the first set indended to be played. That's damn early for everything you've been trying to put there so far in terms of complexity.
My YouTube Channel