The storyline?
I'm beginning to wonder if maybe we shouldn't just have CC1's story and leave it at that. Tongue
^That's probably the best solution, particularly considering that the CC1 storyline was simple but effective.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Even though I originally meant it as a joke, I'm still rooting for the Melinda/Chip child storyline Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
'Tis a good one. The only hitch is that the CCLP3 storyline implies that they're still "just friends."

Of course, we could pull a "Return Of The Jedi" and create some convoluted storyline in which it turns out that Chip and Melinda are siblings...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
That would be awkward, if they have to break up upon finding out their true stories... not like they will last long anyway IMO.

I personally think we should add to CC1's storyline if we stick with it, otherwise it would be boring as we've all seen the decade messages so many times it isn't even funny (as this isn't entirely about the first-time players!). If anything, those blasted messages need to be replaced with something a lil' more detailed.
Quote:That would be awkward, if they have to break up upon finding out their true stories... not like they will last long anyway IMO.

Ha! Fodder for another thread, perhaps? "How long would Chip and Melinda last as a couple?"
Part of the reason we didn't actually put a "real" proposal at the end of CCLP3 is because we felt that would be taking just a bit too much liberty with Chuck's creations. But we still made sure Chip got down on bended knee. Slight smile

Perhaps the storyline could basically involve Chip accidentally losing his glasses and Melinda thinking that he's someone completely different as a result, specifically a new recruit who has to go through all the challenges. That would put quite the strain on their relationship. Wink
Quote:Part of the reason we didn't actually put a "real" proposal at the end of CCLP3 is because we felt that would be taking just a bit too much liberty with Chuck's creations. But we still made sure Chip got down on bended knee. Slight smile

Perhaps the storyline could basically involve Chip accidentally losing his glasses and Melinda thinking that he's someone completely different as a result, specifically a new recruit who has to go through all the challenges. That would put quite the strain on their relationship. Wink

Plus, we can't have a true ending that's canonical to the Chip's Challenge series. Can we? We could never keep going with the Level Packs otherwise, right? Tongue
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Not unless we pull a King's Quest and have the future CCLPs be about Chip's and Melinda's kids. Wink
... Except then there would have to be another random family that begets the younger melinda, because if not, then it would just be pointing towards Chip and Melinda jr. liking each other later on by CCLP3, yet they're siblings.

We can't change the plotline for the other sets now, so... That would kind of mess things up.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.