The storyline?
Has there been any discussions for a storyline in CCLP1? Will it happen between the events of Chip's Challenge and CCLP2?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
CCLP2 had a very uneventful storyline - Chip asks Melinda for more levels, and she shows him the levels created by the CC community. I think the storyline should be similar to CC1, but with a few differences. Maybe Chip could have stumbled upon this mysterious test facility which is really the Bit Busters clubhouse, and becomes a test subject for the first 144 levels and must complete them all to become one of the Bit Busters club, and some of the levels could take place in the past or even a completely different dimension... bonus levels 145-149 anyone?

Those are just my ideas.
CCLP1 is an alternative to CC1, not a sequel. I would recommend that the plot is just a rewritten one of CC1.
RELEASED:
2007-2011: The Last Few Chips Volume I: 400 CC1 levels. Plot | Playlist —coming soon eventually.
2009-present: The Last Few Chips Volume II: Quasar Industries: 143/157 WebCC levels. Playlist
IN DEVELOPMENT: The Last Few Chips Volume III: 13/450 levels.
Also, remove those F#$&ING decade messages in CCLP1; at least for Tile World users. I personally really don't like them after having seen them 2,000,000 times over; I recommend a bit more effort be put into the storyline than just a few lines or random jokes every now and then.
Yeah the decade message is a bit outdated by quite a long time... I personally like Trevor's storyline idea. I don't even have an idea for one, not for CCLP1 at least
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Also, remove those F#$&ING decade messages in CCLP1; at least for Tile World users. I personally really don't like them after having seen them 2,000,000 times over; I recommend a bit more effort be put into the storyline than just a few lines or random jokes every now and then.

They were never in Tile World, like, ever. And CCHack (or some patch or hex editing) is needed to remove the decade messages in MSCC.

I'm guessing J.B. will write the storyline, since he did well enough with the CCLP3, and it would probably be similar in length. He threw out a couple ideas for it, one of them being that Chip gets amnesia and has to learn all the game elements again (which I'll admit I'm not really a fan of). There were some Portal-based suggestions, and Trevor just suggested something Portal-esque as well, but seriously, we should be original.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I don't like the amnesia idea - Keep in mind that while having to re-learn the game he would lose all his technical knowledge too... and possibly his crush on Melinda (which I don't think is real anyway).

IMO the storyline can reference Portal in ways, but should NOT steal anything from it such as GLaDOS or any other elements, or take place in its world. Similarities are OK, and I'm a total supporter for Chip getting launched to the Moon somehow toward the end. Something like that and I'd be ALL for it.
The appeal of the both the amnesia and the "Portal"-esque storyline ideas was mainly in that they would give Chip a reason to go through lesson levels after having gone through some before, and yet not reference the original game such that new players would be lost. In the Portal storyline, it would be because the clubhouse experienced some disaster that forced Chip to go through an "old testing track."

At any rate, I believe The Architect will be penning the CCLP1 storyline. We'll see what transpires!
Quote:CCLP2 had a very uneventful storyline - Chip asks Melinda for more levels, and she shows him the levels created by the CC community. I think the storyline should be similar to CC1, but with a few differences. Maybe Chip could have stumbled upon this mysterious test facility which is really the Bit Busters clubhouse, and becomes a test subject for the first 144 levels and must complete them all to become one of the Bit Busters club, and some of the levels could take place in the past or even a completely different dimension... bonus levels 145-149 anyone?

Those are just my ideas.

I think you've played waaaaaaaaay too much Portal...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I don't think even Portal took place in a different dimension. Wink