The storyline?
Unless it just aims at flat out starting back to square one, pretending he never did the original 149.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:But for this set, which takes place after CC1 and before CCLP2...
Wait... What? When was this decided? Raised eyebrow

Quote:Unless it just aims at flat out starting back to square one, pretending he never did the original 149.
Agree, minus the words "back" and "pretending".

- Madhav.
I've always thought of CCLP1 as being an alternate parallel universe to CC1... you know. Things happened a bit differently here.
I have few ideas :

-The other members of the Byte Buster Club suspect Melinda, by having a sweet corner for Chips McLahan, to have made the entry challenge easier for him, so they ask him to take it again by levels they all did and checked as hard enough to provide the membership of the Byte Buster Club if passed succesfully.

-The other members of the club simply reject the idea that Melinda the Marvel Mental is the only one to design the Entry Challenge to the club so they argue for all of them to have the same right than her to design levels for the newbies. She accepts and then, Chips have to retake his membership challenge with new levels made, agreed and chosen by all the members of the club in a democratic way.

-Melinda wants to stimulate the creativity of the members of her club, so she proposes them to design levels for a new entry challenge Chip volonteered to retake/or have to retake because he was last one to enter the club, so hard jobs are always for him.

Slight smile

PS : sorry for English mistakes, no excuses for me to do so, I have studied this language for several years, but there is still mistakes in my writing...
Quote:No no no. Chip and Melinda HAVE A KID. And then they need to teach him how to be the best Chipster around. So they create a new clubhouse for him to go through.

Haha! Brilliant! In terms of continuity, though, maybe this could be the storyline for CCLP4?

Given that CCLP1 is going to be in some sense a "prequel" to CCLP2 and CCLP3, we could pull a George Lucas and completely revamp the roles of Chip and Melinda...just, you know, working within the parameters of the CCLP2 and CCLP3 storylines, and without the suckiness that's marred every George Lucas project since the early 80's.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I like the "Chip volunteers to test the new clubhouse because he just joined the club" concept. Slight smile
Quote:I like the "Chip volunteers to test the new clubhouse because he just joined the club" concept. Slight smile

That is actually a great idea if CCLP1 were to follow CC1. Maybe he could run into some technical errors along the way and accidentally get stuck in the nuclear reactor, and then towards the end he gets launched into space with a few spacey-themed levels to test the new BBC rockets or something. (Air Pocket actually makes a great example for a spacey level that might work for this theme)

Again, just making up ideas from scratch, feel free to come up with something far better than this.
We could do a Dallas "it was all a dream" and Chip never really completed the original clubhouse, because that was just a dream one. He had to actually complete it now in CCLP1.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Looool excellent !!! So frustrating !!!
Quote:We could do a Dallas "it was all a dream" and Chip never really completed the original clubhouse, because that was just a dream one. He had to actually complete it now in CCLP1.

BWWWWWOOOOOMMMMM