The storyline?
Quote:We could do a Dallas "it was all a dream" and Chip never really completed the original clubhouse, because that was just a dream one. He had to actually complete it now in CCLP1.

""I did it! I beat all the levels in the clubhouse!" Chip exclaimed. He spotted Melinda in the crowd of Bit Busters, and she gave him a big smile and began walking over to him. She was just about to reach him when...

Chip jumped suddenly. He looked around to see if anyone had noticed he had dozed off while reading the instructions for Melinda's clubhouse.

"Chip! Are you bored already?" Melinda asked from across the room.

"No, no, of course not," Chip mumbled, embarrassed that she had noticed him fall asleep. "But I just had the strangest dream..."

"What was it about?" Melinda asked.

"Well...you know how sometimes you have those really vivid dreams, but then you just wake up and can't remember anything about it?" Chip said.

"Yeah," Melinda replied.

"Well, that's how it was," Chip said. "I think it was about your clubhouse, but other than that, I don't remember a thing!"

"Well, that's good," Melinda said. "I wouldn't want you going in there with an unfair advantage, already knowing everything!"

"No, I suppose not," Chip said. "Well, what are we waiting for - let's get started!""

Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
This is great!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
It is ! lol cool ! But it's quiet denying the whole game of Chuck !!!

Dear Chuck Sommerville, the Chip's community has the regret to annunce you that your whole game was just a dream !!! hehehehe

No seriously, I am in ! But maybe we have to think about something more soft for the previous game hehe
I don't really support this idea, the reason being that you know how upon beating Super Mario Bros. 2 it is kind of bumming to find out that the whole game was a dream? There needs to be an element of success to beating CC1 rather than "oh, forget all about it..."

I would prefer an idea more like that upon beating CC1, Melinda decides to upgrade the facilities because for some reason or another she wasn't satisfied with the original CC1 clubhouse, and Chip is the first to test out the new clubhouse. Occasionally he will run into problems with it, and towards the end he just HAS to get launched into space somehow (Air Pocket style levels...?).
Quote:I don't really support this idea, the reason being that you know how upon beating Super Mario Bros. 2 it is kind of bumming to find out that the whole game was a dream?

That's exactly what I was thinking.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I think Portal 2 has given Trevor a hankering for SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE. Slight smile
Quote:I think Portal 2 has given Trevor a hankering for SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE. Slight smile

No, it added onto an already present interest. Pretty much any story that takes place in a video game, movie, or even a book that has a surprise SPAAAAAAACE at some point totally makes it for me. I guess I should stop mentioning it every time now as it is getting annoying.
I am in support of the Dallas "That was just a dream".

However, that kinda kills the ending of Mr.McCallahan Presents because now CC1 has never existed (and possibly some other cases I don't remember about)...

And again, Chip meets Sci-fi doesn't feel like a good idea considering that it's a beginner's set and it all happens before the boringness (story-wise) of testing a new clubhouse in CCLP2.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I am in support of the Dallas "That was just a dream".

However, that kinda kills the ending of Mr.McCallahan Presents because now CC1 has never existed (and possibly some other cases I don't remember about)...

And again, Chip meets Sci-fi doesn't feel like a good idea considering that it's a beginner's set and it all happens before the boringness (story-wise) of testing a new clubhouse in CCLP2.

Let's save the sci-fi for CCLP4 then. I kinda want CC1 to have existed... you know. If it were to have been all a dream, maybe it could have been in some real long-lost clubhouse that Chip happened to be magically dreaming about, that is discovered later on at the end of CCLP1 or something...? Just brainstorming ideas here again.
That would make sense. Either way, we have to justify levels like Mr.McCallahan Presents referring to CC1. So it had to exist somewhere.

The child thing makes sense to me, we could easily pull a George Lucas-esque time cut after CCLP1, bringing everyone back in time to Chip days in CC1, CCLP2 and CCLP3.

I dunno anymore. It's all too confusing Tongue
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow