The storyline?
Just wait... J.B. will slam an amazingly epic idea down and we'll have no choice but to go with that...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:It'd be best to be original and not refer any other obvious games, period.

Ain't bashing ideas, but I don't know what the hell Chip would do in space. It just makes no sense that suddenly there's the same exact crap he experienced on Earth up there.

I don't think having a subtley similar storyline to, say, Portal, is a bad idea. What is a bad idea is basing it in the same world or having obvious take-offs from it. What if the whole clubhouse turned out to be a spaceship? What if there were a base on the Moon? A level that takes place on a spaceship? I'm just letting my ideas run wild here so bashing them would be pointless.
Quote:Just wait... J.B. will slam an amazingly epic idea down and we'll have no choice but to go with that...

Nice one.

(Sorry about double posting, it's hard to quote 2 messages on an iPhone)
Quote:I don't think having a subtley similar storyline to, say, Portal, is a bad idea. What is a bad idea is basing it in the same world or having obvious take-offs from it. What if the whole clubhouse turned out to be a spaceship? What if there were a base on the Moon? A level that takes place on a spaceship? I'm just letting my ideas run wild here so bashing them would be pointless.

Point Taken. We're not here to officially decide what the plotline will be, but just to suggest ideas. We're going to make the decision officially in a meeting, hopefully taking into account these ideas.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
You're right, actually.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Nearly all of the CCLP3 storyline evolved after the conclusion of voting, being inspired by and woven around some of the interesting levels that were included. No reason why that can't happen with CCLP1 as well... B)

- Madhav.
Quote:Nearly all of the CCLP3 storyline evolved after the conclusion of voting, being inspired by and woven around some of the interesting levels that were included. No reason why that can't happen with CCLP1 as well... B)

- Madhav.

I agree; one of my levels takes place in a nuclear power plant so maybe there could be a part where Chip has to go through the central power source of the CCBBC if the level gets in...?
Some of my levels involve time traveling, which I love with my life Heart
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:One of my levels takes place in a nuclear power plant so maybe there could be a part where Chip has to go through the central power source of the CCBBC if the level gets in...?

I freaking love this idea.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
It was somewhat easier to do that with CCLP3 because the entire introduction basically consisted of "Hey, there's a new clubhouse! Let's go!", and ideas for further story developments indeed did come from the levels that were voted in. But for this set, which takes place after CC1 and before CCLP2, it seems like there would need to be some explanation for why Chip is going through lesson levels again at the very beginning.