Most difficult levels in existence?
Quote:IMO, you make maximum one of these in your life, not 68.

It is important to remember that there do exist people who enjoy solving (and creating) difficult puzzle-style levels. The presence of these levels in CCLPs is definitely a point of contention, but to look down upon such levels even in custom sets is to reject an entire style of playing.
^ This.

I guess there are always going to be certain levels that I'll look at with the understanding that I won't be able to solve them on my first try or even in a matter of ten minutes. So if I can resign myself to the possibility that they may take a few months to figure out, I'm all set. Slight smile
I don't make many super hard levels anymore. I actually miss making easy ones so I've gone back to making mostly easy to medium difficulty levels because they're more fun than the hard and frustrating ones I made in the past, although maybe 2 or 3 will get in the set just to complete the collection. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Oh man, my question is why make a level if only to say "ha, I made the hardest level ever, no one's ever gonna solve it"

Seriously, I think it blows and has absolutely no other purpose than just showing off.

I enjoy designing hard levels in the same manner that I enjoy solving hard levels. And as long as people keep solving them, I'll keep making them. Sometimes it's possible to create a very difficult level without even realizing it. I didn't think "crash and burn" was a very difficult level when I released it, but it's currently my longest-running unsolved level (5+ years).

Some of my difficult levels were born out of curiosity more than anything else, such as my computer.dat levels, and minustwo.dat #8. My goal was to create a level so hard that even I couldn't solve it, and with minustwo.dat #8 I finally succeeded. In the same manner, with the end-of-all-time levels I was curious to see just how long of a level could be made (and I've now pushed the limit well past a googol years). They're obviously impractical, but still interesting nonetheless.

The bottom line for me is that the harder a level is, the more satisfying it is to solve (usually). I say usually because one needs to contrast "real" difficulty with "fake" difficulty (see http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...Difficulty).
So that's why you are such a legend. Glad you brought that article up, for it proves that most of CCLP3 is made of fake difficulty. Interesting, and I really want to hear what people will say about it. (That's exactly why I am not enjoying fully my playing experience, which I'm sure you already heard somewhere through the grapevine)
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I'd say that CCLP2 is far more guilty of "fake difficulty" than CCLP3. There are a few levels in CCLP3 that I'm not fond of, but overall it's quite a fine set.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:I've been playing some CheeseT1 levels again lately, and a lot of those have some difficult monster dodging... The worst is probably level 22, British Bulldogs - possibly the most walkers Chip has to dodge in any custom level ever... Flushed

It took me forever to finally beat this level. I think Rock would really enjoy this. Maybe he could LP it? He made a special video for JUMPING SWARM... It's just a suggestion... :-)

~Bowman
~Bowman
I got so many projects in my hands right now, to come down to it, I might eventually do it, but I'd not expect that in a near future.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:My goal was to create a level so hard that even I couldn't solve it, and with minustwo.dat #8 I finally succeeded.

Wait...so how do you know that it's solvable? What am I missing here?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Wait...so how do you know that it's solvable? What am I missing here?

He had a computer solve it.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.