Most difficult levels in existence?
Hey, no one said that anyone who makes a bad level is incapable of making a good level, or vice-versa.

Heck, even Orson Welles made Mr. Arkadin. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:EricS1#85 (Virtual Unreality)

Oh man...

After viewing that, I'd like to suggest that the next ChipsCompetition have a goal along the lines of "Make the most ridiculously annoying, arbitrary, artificially difficult level possible." It'd be hilarious, if nothing else.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Traps under locks should not appear much in the future, since it's not lynx-compatible. I made a whole level of keys under doors called Key Hell -- one of the worst levels I ever made.

Dave, it's also one of your most memorable and one of my favorites! I solved it blind and then optimized it using a map, and enjoyed it very much. It's a concept that really can't work without invalid tiles, the maze has several solutions, and not every lock is guesswork (though many are, but they aren't surprising cooks, since you know you have to guess correctly or it's cooked).

-Miika
Quote:Dave, it's also one of your most memorable and one of my favorites! I solved it blind and then optimized it using a map, and enjoyed it very much. It's a concept that really can't work without invalid tiles, the maze has several solutions, and not every lock is guesswork (though many are, but they aren't surprising cooks, since you know you have to guess correctly or it's cooked).

-Miika

Well thanks! No one has ever told me they liked Key Hell.

I think that there may eventually be another set with invalid tiles, but it will be a while in coming. A lot of the things you CAN do you really SHOULDN'T do. I had originally planned on having some in geodave4.ccl, however most of my concepts were just silly or easily converted to Lynx-compatibility.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:A lot of the things you CAN do you really SHOULDN'T do.

Well put.
Quote:No offense to anyone whose levels feature significantly in CCLP2, but that set just smacks of a kid who's just acquired a great new toy but doesn't know just what to do with it. Like a child who sits down at a piano for the first time and just starts banging on the keys. It's a lot of fun for that person, but also pretty annoying for anyone within earshot.

Completely agree. I don't think CCLP2 was comprised entirely of these sorts of levels, but I feel like the narrow pool of submissions allowed them to get in, and many of them were created in the period when submitting custom sets was just starting to become popular around the community. Invalid tiles, random force floors, and the like - although not bad things inherently - were used in ways that, in hindsight, probably weren't quite the best ("Keep Trying," anyone?).
Quote:Completely agree. I don't think CCLP2 was comprised entirely of these sorts of levels, but I feel like the narrow pool of submissions allowed them to get in, and many of them were created in the period when submitting custom sets was just starting to become popular around the community. Invalid tiles, random force floors, and the like - although not bad things inherently - were used in ways that, in hindsight, probably weren't quite the best ("Keep Trying," anyone?).

From what I remember as well, some levels that were originally voted in CCLP2 didn't get in because the staff couldn't get hold of their original creators, but I might be wrong.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'm really sad and disappointed at the human nature. No one seemed to like CCLP2, apart from Josh and I. And you guys are making all sorts of fun with it, bashing it more and more when it was already bashed on soooo much...

That really reveals me that the mind will experience several positive happenings to fall back to a state of neutrality (or even pessimism/negativity/hate) at the very first annoyance -- which of these there are a very minimal few handful of in CCLP2.

Saddening.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I very much enjoyed CCLP2. And there were not any truly ridiculous levels (like traps under floor everywhere.) I also enjoyed Ultimate Chip, which had many MS-only levels. There may come a day when an MS-only set is wanted again.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I very much enjoyed CCLP2. And there were not any truly ridiculous levels

Did you play Blocked Trap?