Various missing levelsets.
Quote:So... can we (on both sides of this) do our best to avoid personal insults while trying to discuss this? Or else it will go nowhere productive.

You're right, I wasn't watching my temper there, this discussion really makes me angry because of all the misfortune and adversity the subject of copyright has given me throughout my life. It's way too complicated IMO. I edited my post to remove such insults.
Quote:Let's say you made a hit record, and got it copyrighted through a record company. The creator (you) can still use this record, and so can the record company. If they just took the song and said you couldn't use it, that's the exact same as stealing. how would you feel if that happened to you? Not very good. So don't do that to others, and allow others to use stuff THEY made.

Good analogy - let's continue it:

If the creator, on the other hand, signs an exclusive contract, only the record company can use it. And that's exactly what happened at Chip's Portal because of the word "exclusive" I put in the conditions.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:Good analogy - let's continue it:

If the creator, on the other hand, signs an exclusive contract, only the record company can use it. And that's exactly what happened at Chip's Portal because of the word "exclusive" I put in the conditions.
Well, none of us actually signed any legal anything to agree to those rights, but still, I do know that because you put that on there, it does make it technically the site's. But still, to be fair, you should allow all of those levels to be used by their creators if they so wish.

In my case, I only ever made one level and put it up, but the competition never officially happened, and so nothing really happened with those sets. I don't see any reason for you to keep them anyways, so... why hoard them with copyright when someone like me could use them for a set of their own?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:Yes please Mike! It wasn't a relative of mine, it was an old friend.
Yes as in I should send it to you, or yes as in you'll upload it? Smiley
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Yes as in I should send it to you, or yes as in you'll upload it? Smiley

Check your PM.

As for this topic, it looks like it's going nowhere. Slight frown
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I have to agree - I think it's best locked at this point. I knew this would potentially cause some disagreement, but I'd no idea it would explode like this.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Quote:As for this topic, it looks like it's going nowhere. Slight frown

I didn't say I wasn't willing to discuss releasing the levelsets...
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
What is there to "discuss" about that, exactly...?
Well, what exactly holds them back from being released, now that the site is down? Why would you want to hold on to them?
Well guys, looks like we won't be getting back those levels now. His ransom offer was too risky, so I hope you all understand the difficult decision I made.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]