Various missing levelsets.
So, various sets of mine were uploaded at Chip's portal, which is no longer available.

If someone wishes to get one of these sets, I will re-upload it. (here? Can we upload things here, and if so, how?)

Please request it here.

You can find a general list of which ones are missing here: http://www.pillowpc2001.net/levels/index.htm

If other people who also have now missing levels are willing to do the same thing, please post here as well (in this thread, to keep things neat) so that people are aware.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Uh, if they were competition levelsets submitted after the merger... I don't think so.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:Uh, if they were competition levelsets submitted after the merger... I don't think so.

Since it doesn't exist anymore, and no copyright was slapped on it, I don't think this rule can apply anymore.
Quote:Uh, if they were competition levelsets submitted after the merger... I don't think so.

Why not? Chip's Portal is dead, and it isn't fair to the original creators either.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Why not? Chip's Portal is dead, and it isn't fair to the original creators either.

I have to agree with this. In the sake of being fair to the creaters, I don't think we should bother following this.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I made a level for a competition, and I really liked the level, so I put it in my second set. I made the level, so I should still have the right to do what I want with it. Basically telling someone they can make a level for a competition and then saying they can't use it ever again is kind of like stealing a level from a creator, so I think that it should be allowed.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I know I was the Create Competition judge, but unfortunately, I don't think I have any of them anymore Smiley I'll try to look for them and upload them somewhere.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:Since it doesn't exist anymore, and no copyright was slapped on it, I don't think this rule can apply anymore.
Agreed. It wouldn't really be fair to basically keep old competition levels from ever seeing the light of day again...

To make it easier to see what sets are no longer available, here is my page with level sets sorted by location (look for ones that say "Currently not available"): http://www.pillowpc2001.net/levels/location.htm

By the way, Tom, were you planning on reuploading the Dave.dat set that has been listed at my site as unavailable for a while now? Smiley I think it was made by one of your relatives, but you uploaded it around 2008 and I think it's been gone ever since Geocities went down... I actually still have a copy of it if you need it...
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels
Quote:Since it doesn't exist anymore, and no copyright was slapped on it, I don't think this rule can apply anymore.

Except that copyright was slapped on it:

Quote:All competition entries and any associated materials at Chip's Portal become the immediate, irrevocable, and exclusive property of Chip's Portal.

Since I dissolved the website - and since I was the only one with the ability to dissolve the website - the copyright is now mine.

Quote:Agreed. It wouldn't really be fair to basically keep old competition levels from ever seeing the light of day again...

I don't really think Tom P knows the meaning of the word "fair".
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:Except that copyright was slapped on it:

Since I dissolved the website - and since I was the only one with the ability to dissolve the website - the copyright is now mine.

I see no copyright symbol there, and plus there are no monetary damages involved. Also, all of my sets are originally copyrighted by ME, even though I never submitted any, and others have the right to do so. I'm calling it fair use to re-distribute levels used in competitions, and if you sue us over it be prepared to take a big hit in court.