Various missing levelsets.
Quote:Since I dissolved the website - and since I was the only one with the ability to dissolve the website - the copyright is now mine.
So this is basically proof that you've stolen our levels thanks to legal rights... In reality, the person who holds the copyright AND the person who created it should be allowed to use it if copyright was slapped onto the level. And besides, the creators of CC should be the only people who can legally be able to hold copyright on anything CC related.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:By the way, Tom, were you planning on reuploading the Dave.dat set that has been listed at my site as unavailable for a while now? Smiley I think it was made by one of your relatives, but you uploaded it around 2008 and I think it's been gone ever since Geocities went down... I actually still have a copy of it if you need it...

Yes please Mike! It wasn't a relative of mine, it was an old friend.

Oh, and that's two strikes for Andrew!
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:I see no copyright symbol there, and plus there are no monetary damages involved. Also, all of my sets are originally copyrighted by ME, even though I never submitted any, and others have the right to do so. I'm calling it fair use to re-distribute levels used in competitions, and if you sue us over it be prepared to take a big hit in court.

By submitting a levelset into a competition, you expressly agreed to those conditions. Virtually any court of law in the world would agree with me on this (disclaimer: IANAL).

Copyright doesn't require any symbols or other designations - it's granted automatically.
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Quote:Except that copyright was slapped on it:

Copyright isn't as simple as saying "I own this now" btw.

Quote:Since I dissolved the website - and since I was the only one with the ability to dissolve the website - the copyright is now mine.

This is not true, actually. Even if it were a copyright with legal weight, it would still be the property of the site, and not you personally. If you can't see the importance of that, you should go do some research on copyright law.

Quote:By submitting a levelset into a competition, you expressly agreed to those conditions. Virtually any court of law in the world would agree with me on this (disclaimer: IANAL).

Copyright doesn't require any symbols or other designations - it's granted automatically.

It is granted automatically to the creater of that property, and as you are not the direct creater it is not nearly that simple.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I originally copyrighted my set then, we all own our own copyrights for our levels. The rule was wrong in the first place. See you in court.
I believe Andrew R. is correct on this one.

Having said that, releasing the rights to all submitted-to-Chip's-Portal levels would be a very nice gesture...Slight smile
Quote:I believe Andrew R. is correct on this one.

Having said that, it might be a nice gesture if he would release the rights to all levels submitted to Chip's Portal.

So he can sue me if I were to enter my level in the competition and later put it in my set? Almost as rant-worthy as bill S.978.
Quote:I believe Andrew R. is correct on this one.

Having said that, it might be a nice gesture if he would release the rights to all levels submitted to Chip's Portal... Slight smile

As much as I'd hope he'd do the right thing, we may have to lose a few levels in the process.

And the new CC Zone competition levels may have a copyright watermark, but obviously I'd have control of the rights this time.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
*sigh*

I've moved here not to hear about copyright anymore. Might as well find a molehill somewhere in Antarctica.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:As much as I'd hope he'd do the right thing, we may have to lose a few levels in the process.

And the new CC Zone competition levels may have a copyright watermark, but obviously I'd have control of the rights this time.

In that case I won't be submitting any levels to the competitions. I, and ONLY I, will ever own the copyright to MY levels. Not any other site, not the CCLP1 staff, not the CCLP4 staff...