Bloblake
I like proper uses of invalid tiles, too - don't get me wrong - but sometimes it just feels like there's way too much potential for abuse.
Quote:I think you can do marvelous things with invalid tiles. I absolutely loved "Creative One-Ways", "One Block Sokoban" and "Fire Bugs", for instance.

Think about Parkanoid in the original Rock1. That's another good example.

Creative One-Ways only had one invalid tile (buried thin wall), and it could have easily been replaced with a recessed wall. But I agree, there are a lot of good concepts out there that use invalid tiles (plug: see TCCLPRejects), but I don't think ridiculous levels like Chip Search will get in.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
OK Mr. Encyclopedia, prove me wrong again... I'll gladly accept that I have an horrible memory.

Anyways, I think that's going really far into speculations already, we're not even started for CCLP1...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I thought multiple chips was not lynx compatable (and thus invalid)?
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
That's correct. Generally, tile combinations that are invalid are those involving two non-creature tiles (anything other than a block, Chip, or monster) stacked on top of each other. Valid tile combinations would be a non-creature tile on top of floor or a creature tile with a non-creature tile beneath it.
yeah, you also can't use "Chip swimming", "Chip drowning", "Chip toasted", "Chip burnt", "fake exit" or other tiles that aren't valid.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
You can technically use all of those, except TW automatically turns them into walls for Lynx, so the aesthetics may be ruined.

And Swimming Chip works exactly the same in MS as in Lynx, except the tiles are quite awkward in Lynx so I don't know if they'd be accepted for CCLP1.

Also, I recently beat Bloblake. Worst experience of my life Thumbs up
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I got killed like 20 steps from the exit on Bloblake and I'm not sure I'm up for trying again ...
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
I can barely get to the first key.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Quote:I can barely get to the first key.

I'm sure you'll get it eventually...

After all, I was like that too, and now I have the award...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.