Bloblake
We've spent energy typing endless lines about this one, but what I want to know your opinion about is this very question:

Knowing the context or not, is there anything to learn in a level like this?

Furthermore, can a level like this influence design decisions?
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I think Bloblake was a great level in explaining why level designers shouldn't rely on lucky timings to increase the difficulty. It is a flawed level mechanic, especially if it occurs near the end and not the beginning. It has been proven that it can be completed, but a very frustrating level that should have been level 144 or 149.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
It's definitely a good instructional level for designers that showcases why luck-based timing provides no real value to the game.

Another way to put it: a player's frustration while playing CC, should any exist, should be born out of necessity to better his skill or learn something that the level is trying to teach that is within his grasp, not out of level design that is outside the player's control.
Now there is an award for completing this level! It's not impossible, as John as proven it. Well done, John! It must have took like 100 goes.

I have a larger image of the award:

[Image: bloblakeoriginal.png]
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Yuck.
Oh dear...
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I love how the sky is red for some reason...
Quote:I love how the sky is red for some reason...

It's quite fitting, isn't it?
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Quote:Oh dear...

You know, I was going to post this exact same thing.

Quote:It's quite fitting, isn't it?

Yes, it is.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
When you say that upon your own level...
My YouTube Channel