April 2020 Time Trial - Chip on Steroids!
It's been a while since the last competition here- let's change that up! A Sickly Silver Moon recently posted a modification of Tile World that allows Chip to move on every update, up to 20 times per second. And so, your task is to use that version (linked here) to get the best scores you can on 3 already released levels that I think will highlight how this modification plays best. To show some of the differences, I've played through intro.dat and included my TWS for it for some examples. The 3 levels for this competition are Outlaw from Walls of CCLP3, Open Water Diving Certification from Walls of CCLP1, and Irradiated Radiator from Walls of CCLP4.

Linux version of the TW mod

Rules:
  • Use the linked build of Tile World to play the levels listed above.
  • Send your TWS file to IHNN#3459 on Discord, and I will respond confirming that I've received it.
  • Don't share your solutions or times until the deadline.
  • Entries will close on May 16th 1st, when CC2LP1 voting closes.
  • Whoever has the best total time on the 3 levels wins!
  • Pro tip: Change your keyboard settings to the fastest possible key repeat rate to go faster, sooner.

.dat   CCZ-TT 04-2020 Chip on Steroids.dat (Size: 2.3 KB / Downloads: 221)
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Alright, submissions are officially closed. I received a total of 3 entries, so without further ado, here are the results:

IHNN: 296 + 194 + 385 = 875
Bacorn: 294 + 194 + 381 = 869
Miika: 281 + 190 + 376 = 851

Congrats to me for winning  Chip Win
Thanks again to Moonman for originally making this mod- it's a lot of fun to play with even if pushing for extra seconds can be very difficult. I'll be recording and uploading these solutions soon, after I TAS out the three levels for a comparison. I know I left time on the table on all 3 of these levels...
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

As promised, here are the videos of the entries received, including a TAS of each of the 3 levels. Melinda scored 312, 201 and 395, beating our competitors efforts by a total of 33 seconds- which is a lot when the new total time taken is 39 seconds!

It's worth noting that the build of Tile World linked in the first post is not the same as the one used for the TAS. In the process of TASing, I discovered that Tile World has a built-in key repeat check that will not sen a held (or repeated) keystroke until it's either different, or been the same for 3/20ths of a second. This means that for the time trial, moving in a straight line at full speed is guaranteed to have a 2/20th delay between the first and second moves, but no delay after this. I'm attaching a new TW1 build here, which also includes the changed logic files if you wish to recompile yourself. The new change is a one line fix in tworld.c, changing "setkeyboardrepeat(TRUE);" to "setkeyboardrepeat(FALSE);".

.zip   tworldfast.zip (Size: 1.43 MB / Downloads: 190)

IHNN1 | IHNN2

This was a lot of fun! Thanks!

It's been some time since I've come in last in a TT, but this was a perfect one to do so. The levels were picked very well, as each one had something going on with the timing that the other two didn't. (Roughly Teeth, a mechanism, and force floors.)

My solution to the first level has more missteps than I got on other runs, but the route I used had the Teeth get in the way if I was too quick. The second one was the first one I played properly, and it was fun to learn how fast you could actually go. For the third one, I was aware you could get passed the first fireball a cycle quicker than I did in my submitted solution, but I wasn't able to perform it with enough consistency to be worth the effort.

Thanks for putting together the TAS solutions as well. Those were crazy! Let's not let this be the last TT of the year ;-)