Souvenir Pack - Discussion
Chipster beat me to leaving feedback on this pack since I was planning on doing this today as well, so here is mine.

1. Quadruple Check

I think this level would have been a lot stronger if the bottom half didn't exist. In my opinion, it's just a confusing mess that really doesn't make a lot of sense to me and could have been left out.

9. It Suits the Purpose

Amazing aesthetics concept and fun level all around. Definitely a level I would love to see in CCLP4 and if it does, yes those two walkers will be placed on gravel. Slight smile

10. Puzzle Solver on a Tight Budget

Normally I'm not too big on levels like this and have a strict time limit but I really enjoyed this one. It could use maybe an extra 20-30 seconds but I still found it enjoyable to play with the current time limit, since it's meant to be strict. Probably an unpopular opinion, but this is something I think CCLP4 needs in its late game and for that, I gave it a high rating.

18. Confunded

I was easily reminded of Force Field from the original game when playing this and that's not a good thing considering I never liked Force Field. However, it's an easier take on the concept but I still didn't enjoy it. Sorry.

22. Periodic Lasers

When I played this during the submission period, I wasn't a fan of it. However, after replaying it here I've grown to appreciate this level and the concept it holds, which hasn't exactly been showcased in an official set before either. Compared to other levels I've seen in the voting pool with this concept, this is probably my favorite one and the only one I wouldn't mind seeing make it in.

25. The Key Cave

In the LP of Ultimate Chip 5 I did a few months ago, I played a key collection themed level and stated there's not really a level that makes "strict" use of key usage but remains fun. That statement can easily be applied to this level as there's only a certain amount of keys that can be used creating strictness, yet the level is a ton of fun to play. Similar levels such as Stained Glass PiƱata Party (Yodel #10) and Three Color Problem (Cobalt #25) have plenty of extra keys upon completing the level, whereas this one isn't as likely. Having extra keys is not a bad thing but I am a sucker for that kind of strictness. In the end, this is a fun level to play and I hope makes it in CCLP4.

28. Against All Odds

I would have liked this level a lot more if that NE section wasn't so demanding with the teeth and the timing. Other than that, it was pretty fun to play. The green key portion at the end was also very well designed.

37. Stratagem

For the size of this level and what is provided, I wasn't expecting it to be so tricky to figure out. Very satisfying to solve and another level I think would be perfect for CCLP4.

40. Coral Reef

Water under blocks has been a tile combo I've been wanting to see in an official set for quite some time. This level makes, in my opinion, perfect use of such a combo and makes the level a blast to play. I'm not a fan of the glider dodging at the end but like J.B., it wasn't enough to lower my rating either. I hope this make it in.

42. Walker Cavern

I'm pretty neutral with this one as it's really just an open walker dodging level. The trap mechanism kind of felt like it was added just to make the level interesting, which sadly it wasn't for me. Lastly, I don't see why those tank cloners and ball couldn't have been walkers, to go along with the walker theme this level has but at this point, that's just nitpicking the aesthetics. In the end, I'm not particularly excited to see this in the final set as I think there are stronger walker levels in the voting pool. This one was still fun though.

Favorite level: The Key Cave (25)

Least favorite level: Confounded (18) / Streets (26)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
Souvenir Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 14-Aug-2016, 3:35 AM
Souvenir Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 10-Sep-2016, 5:14 PM
Souvenir Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 11-Sep-2016, 5:30 PM