Utility Pack - Discussion
More feedback!

5. Nether Fortress

This was one of my favorite levels in the set it comes from and replaying it definitely brought back some good memories. The overall design and aesthetic is very nice and enjoyable to look at and the level itself didn't get boring. My only nitpick with this is the block pushing near the bottom was kind of tedious but I know that could be have been a lot longer and I appreciate the designer didn't abuse that. Otherwise, a fun level to play!

10. Wall Jumping Up Waterfalls

Loved the concept, loved the design, loved the title. But it wasn't as fun to play as I had hoped it would be. The starting room especially, I wish that was at the end of the level instead of at the start because I did not enjoy having to redo that segment every time I messed up elsewhere, it just made it less fun.

12. Aggressive Colony

Now this is a great melee level - one of my favorite ones actually! And I don't even like melee levels to start with! Not only was it contained (which I really, really appreciate!) but I enjoyed playing it a lot. Never got frustrated with dumb deaths and that is always a good thing. CCLP4 is gonna need a couple dodging themed levels and I really hope this will be one of them.

15. Colour Rush

Quote:Least favorite level: Colour Rush

Ouch. I honestly don't see why this is with J.B. because I certainly think there's much worse levels in this pack. But opinions are opinions, and my opinion is that I liked this level, though the time limit is a bit too strict. There's a level similar to this seen in the Souvenir Pack that I strongly prefer over this but regardless, this was a pretty good time crunch challenge. Slight smile

23. No Return Level

Your first word in your title summarizes my thoughts on this one. Why this made it in voting is beyond me. Yeah that's harsh but levels that intentionally require guessing and nothing more? Come on, let's move on from that please.

29. Air Shaft

Okay so I can't always avoid talking about my own levels and as much as I don't like doing that, I want to with this one. This is one of my favorite blue wall maze levels, if not my absolute favorite. Not just because I designed it but because the lost factor remains throughout the playing experience, which was my main goal. If CCLP4 is going to continue the trend with the decade messages, this would be a perfect fit for the Level 61 slot.

36. Forsythia

My favorite level from probably my favorite designer Thumbs up Do I need to say more? This version of the level still has 4 chips counted for so I guess I'll say that. But seriously, this was just so much fun to play and the recessed wall/fire boot section was very well done. I will be very disappointed if this doesn't make it in the final set.

37. Shemozzle

My favorite level from another one of my favorite designers Thumbs up Also my favorite time crunch level ever, this never got boring to play and the design/theme/concept of this level is amazing. Another level I really hope gets into the set.

44. Fiery Fogstorm

Again being one of my levels, I can't avoid talking about this one either. I was a little surprised (not disappointed) this didn't make it in CCLP1 and honestly I think this level has a better chance for this set instead of CCLP1. Most of the reason why I think this is due to the force floor precision timing in the lower right, which is probably the reason why it didn't do well in CCLP1 voting. But for a set like CCLP4, a little bit of precise timing that doesn't really punish you wouldn't be so bad. However, all that aside I do still think this level is fun to play and is a good example of how to use invisible walls in a good, non-annoying way which was my overall goal.

Favorite level: Forsythia (36) / Shemozzle (37)

Least favorite level: Brute Force (4)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
Utility Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 18-Jul-2016, 10:35 PM
Utility Pack - Discussion - by quiznos00 - 06-Aug-2016, 2:50 PM
Utility Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 08-Aug-2016, 12:04 AM