June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
Well it certainly has been a while since I've hosted a create comp (about two years actually...) but this is one I've been wanting to do for a while and now the time has come. Welcome to the first ever Chip's Challenge 2 create competition!

In honor of CC2 having been released for a full year now, why not change things up a bit and try some stuff for that game instead?

While there are a vast of ideas and themes to use for create competitions for this game, let's make the very first focus on something simple - tutorial levels! Arguably, the main CC2 game didn't do the best it could with its tutorial levels - whether it was not fully explaining a certain element or a tile never getting a proper tutorial (looking at you hooks...)! This can be done with practically any tile, even the ones we know and love from CC1!

There is a bit of a twist to this challenge though. Your level(s) is not required to be strictly a tutorial, you can also make a level that focuses on a few elements, or a large level focusing on one tile using its many different properties, but must remain pretty simple as a whole. To give you a better idea and visual of this, here is an example of a decent tutorial-ish level I made a while back, focusing on only a hook and turning blocks into ice blocks.

In hindsight of this, your level(s) also cannot be any larger than 25x25, this shouldn't be an issue considering the theme of this create!

Notes:

-Must have CC2 to participate (did this really need a note idk)

-Submissions are open until July 1st, 2016 in your time zone! I will accept submissions until I release the submitted levels, judging will be done in a public video that will be uploaded onto my YouTube channel.
-The level(s) must be new; it must not have been released earlier.
-The level(s) must be solvable. If a level is found to be unsolvable, I will allow an update to make it solvable.
-Please give the level(s) a cool name, even if it is just a tutorial styled level.

-Please include your name/username in the "Designer" box. Just so I know who makes what level(s).

-Provide a time limit for your level(s).

-Bonus flags can be used and are encouraged to be used but are not necessary. Your level will not be docked down if bonuses are not used.

-You may submit more than one entry, but please keep the levels distinct from each other. Only the best level for each participant will be judged (though I will probably give feedback on all of them). You can submit up to 3 levels.

-Entrants receive the normal prizes: the "You're Winner!"-award, Chip Cup points, and "Tool Box"-award for first time entrants.
-Please ask about other unclear situations or wacky things you come up with.

Email and attach your submissions to pkmndiamond493 [at] live dot com
. I will reply with a confirmation that I have received your entry as soon as I can (this should be within 72 hours of the message being sent). I prefer if you use your username and this competition in the subject. Keep it short and simple, something like: "June 2016 Create - Flareon350"

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out. Have any questions, feel free to ask below. Have fun and enjoy! Slight smile

Flareon
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by Flareon350 - 01-Jun-2016, 2:00 AM