" (based on Producing
, #64)

"Tropical Hibiscus
" (based on Twisted Chambers
, #120)

"Fire is My Enemy
" (based on Jumble
, #27)

Your levels manage to hide the fact that they are based on some other wall arrangement. You design so naturally into the rooms that I totally forget that you didn't erect the walls yourself. My favorite of the three submissions is MMM. It has great variety, length, puzzles, revisiting areas and general structure. I like it more than the original level! A few small details in each level kept me from ranking you higher this month:
  • MMM, I was annoyed by the Gliders being so close together in the NW (maybe have one extra tile between them since I have to turn pretty soon after the teleport, or have one of the Gliders missing entirely for those players who want to wait for the larger gap).
  • FiME, the fire at (25,21) could go (when I come into the area I don't know what I need to do, and even when I did I do not like the precision required here). Great puzzle in the previous room though!
  • TroHib, it's too bad that one section prohibits Lynx solvability, and otherwise, having seen a similar structure before, filling the whole level with these ffs was not my favorite idea compared to the others.

MMM: I'm quite surprised a level that took me over a half a week to make got shot down by only one fault (which I guess I can expand the paths between gliders) but oh well. I was also expecting you to catch all the references it uses, which I can only assume you did since it'd be hard not to. But you didn't point that out in your comments so I don't know.

FiME: That fire tile in particular can be window shopped upon entry to that room if playing in MS. If you were playing in Lynx, then sorry for that. It's not hard precision though, since the fire boots are there so you automatically get one extra spot to step on once obtaining them. As long as you don't get them right away, which is also obvious not to do.

TroHib: I fixed the Lynx compatibility issue about a month ago just never sent you the copy. I didn't feel like it was necessary to send you another updated version. So hopefully this level didn't get penalized just for that. As far as the force floors go, I wanted something that provided contrast and overall an easier level, which I feel this level did right.

It seems each of my entries got shot down by one very small fault. I'm not exactly sure if that's fair but it most have been that close of a call with the results to do so. In general though, this was a fun competition to enter and I'm fairly satisfied with 3rd place. I won't hide the fact that I would have been much happier with at least 2nd but hey it's a competition. Thanks for hosting it and congrats to chipster!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
February 2016 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP3 - by Flareon350 - 12-Mar-2016, 6:11 AM