Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread
Wow thanks so much for the feedback! I was honestly expecting some pretty horrible reviews Tongue This will definitely help my level design for this game, as I'm still kind of getting used to everything. I already knew there were some busts in some levels, just didn't know where. But that Eastbound dynamite bust..... Fail I'm actually a little embarrassed about that one. But I will do my best to fix all the busts mentioned, as well as make some minor updates with time limits and such, especially on Casper (which is my personal favorite as of now) Glad to hear you enjoyed all the levels Slight smile

As for some of your comments, here's my responses to some of them:

Quote:04 MINIONS
Love it! I beat it normally the first time but it’s also possible to bust it by spamming the pink button enough that four pink balls permanently cover the FF and fireball buttons while more pink balls bounce back and forth over the doppelgänger cloner. The dozen or so fireballs quickly die in the water and then you get a never-ending supply of doppelgängers. I beat it this way and had even more fun than the first way so there’s that Wink.

06 CLOCK EXPERIMENT
So I had PLENTY of time on this one. First time through there the logic clock showed 741 out of 1000 when I got to the exit room. I’m pretty sure if the time limit ran out you’d still have 200 ticks left on the logic clock, so it’s really not doing anything in this level that I can see other than making the player feel a vague sense of urgency. Also, since it’s placed right before to the exit, even if it did run out it’s only acting as an alternate time limit, right? I love the idea of using logic clocks in a level, but what about using it to block off access to a bonus room like in PIGEON HOLES or the CRAZY levels?

12 CASPER
Wow, this just became one of my favorite CC2 levels! Well done, I think it’s a real masterpiece. Only thing I’d recommend is upping the time limit to 250 or 300 since it really takes a while to figure out, I ran out of time twice just because I was still puzzling on what to do next.

13 DIMENSIONAL DELETION
Time limit was a little tight on this one. I guess it’s intended but while the concept is nice one time through, it’s not the most fun to replay just because of the constant back-and-forth motion on the tank button.

15 CONSERVATION OF KEYS
I was afraid this was going to be horribly difficult, but turns out the strategy is really simple and it’s totally fun to play!

04 MINIONS - I might actually leave that in if it's more fun than the intended way. That and I have no clue how to fix such a thing Tongue

06 CLOCK EXPERIMENT - This level was basically me testing out the counters, I was aware the 1000 is more than enough time. I will most likely lower to around 600-700 so the player will still have some leeway. I'll use the counters, as well as more logic gates in future levels though Wink

12 CASPER - I'm very glad to hear you loved this one, this one took the longest time to make, despite being a small level. I will definitely up the time limit.

13 DIMENSIONAL DELETION - Useless trivia: I originally planned to make this level's concept a 50 x 50 level.... very glad I didn't do that, considering your feedback on this one!

15 CONSERVATION OF KEYS - This is actually a port from one of my CC1 sets Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by geodave - 03-Jun-2015, 12:07 PM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by Michael - 06-Jun-2015, 10:12 AM
Flareon1 feedback & discussion thread - by Flareon350 - 26-Jun-2015, 12:07 PM