CCLP5: Pre-Voting Culling & Level Nominations!
(23-May-2022, 2:56 AM)Xaser Wrote: I thought Block Cipher and Panic! were OK -- not sure how those got culled but Termites and Skeleton Key remained.

Side note: xaser-cclp5-sub-v1.dat is an outdated version of my submission set -- latest is xaser-cclp5-sub-v3.dat (I submitted a couple of updates before the deadline with minor fixes & TWS solutions) -- did y'all make sure to play the latest versions?

The submitted set within the ZIP folder contains v3 of your submission, so yes that was the version that was used. That is purely a listing error from our spreadsheet and nothing more. Fixed that within the pastebin.

As for those levels, at least for me, Block Cipher felt too much like a guessing game and kind of ruined the fun of playing it. If the locks were meant to help with that, it didn't really work for me. Panic! was simply just doing the same thing a bunch of times, which tends to lead into dull gameplay.

(23-May-2022, 3:59 AM)Ihavenoname248 Wrote: Here are the levels I think deserve a shot in voting, from the nominations set:
3 - Repair the Maze 2.0 (being a sequel is both a benefit and a downside, but I think it does enough differently and stands out among other mazes)
5 - Swip-Swap
55 - Florid Outlands (it's a good easy level - observational in nature for what to do)
58 - Blockade Runner (I liked the blob version, I like this version a bit more. Good level.)
97 - Blueberry Bushes by the Bushel
98 - Fully Charged Lithium Battery (hard mazes are rare.)
99 - Leisurely Stroll (slightly biased but this is probably the best walker level submitted, if "walker level" is enough to kill it I can't agree, and this would be the case regardless of who designed it)
150 - Monster Hunter

I can't speak for the rest of the staff who culled but from my perspective, "Walker level" wasn't what killed Leisurely Stroll. If that was the case, no walker level would have made it in.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
RE: CCLP5: Pre-Voting Culling & Level Nominations! - by Flareon350 - 23-May-2022, 5:20 AM