CCLP4 Voting Has Begun!
Quote:Who is able to view any and all votes? It seems we aren't allowed to talk too openly about our votes, so I would then prefer that even the staff wouldn't keep analyzing and perhaps commenting on the (individual) votes while they are coming in.

As of now, no one can view any votes. That is still be worked out. Votes can be talked about but we don't want the votes themselves mentioned. If votes are talked about, then a problem could potentially occur.

For the example, let's take the first level of the Waffle Pack, "Nitrous Combustion". Say one person gives it a fun rating of 5 and then reveals that vote to everyone publicly. Anyone that would be against that level would more likely give that same level a 1 in fun just because it was given a 5. Now who would do this I don't know but I think we can all agree that could be a possibly and we don't want that happening. It wouldn't be fair.

Not to mention, I don't recall that the votes during CCLP1 could have been talked about openly either. Why is this any different?

Quote:How will the votes be used? Is it just the average of scores or will other measures be also used to guide the level selection?

We have not thoroughly discussed this in our staff chat so we can't answer that at the moment. Maybe when voting is further along we will figure it out.

However, regarding the difficulty ratings, those are completely optional. If enough people voted through the difficulty of each level in voting, we can use those votes to determine a steady difficulty curve for the final set.

Quote:Oh, and I have a suggestion. I know the levels for voting packs are chosen randomly, but could some thought be put into the level ordering maybe? Some people will still play them in order and having a difficult or frustrating level at the very start (maybe even within the first five levels) can be much more annoying than having it towards the very end. I don't mean we need story lines and difficulty progression in the packs, but just some consideration for how it will feel to play through the pack in order. Does that make sense?

I'm afraid to say you're suggesting something that really doesn't need to be done. Slight smile I personally don't think the level ordering in the packs matter because it's exactly the same way as it was done with the CCLP1 voting packs. And I do not recall anyone complaining about this at that time, so again why is this any different? These packs are not meant to be played in order because they are just voting packs and not an actual constructed set to be played. If one wants to play them in order, they can but it is not required nor recommended. We encourage all voters to skip around the levels in each pack and play the levels at their own steady pace.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
CCLP4 Voting Has Begun! - by The Architect - 14-Jul-2016, 11:05 PM
CCLP4 Voting Has Begun! - by _H_ - 15-Jul-2016, 5:22 AM
CCLP4 Voting Has Begun! - by Flareon350 - 15-Jul-2016, 6:21 AM