June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!)
Quote:Definitely didn't expect to win before seeing the submissions, didn't expect to win after seeing Andrew's and Tyler's entries, somehow won anyway with what I thought was a needlessly overcomplicated entry.

This and your first entry were my favorites but judged the one I did because it was stronger. The main reason it won is because it was scaled even smaller than the given size limit and I didn't see it as being overcomplicated at all.

Quote:Teleport Convolution: I couldn't work this one out either, but in the time I spent on it I did move the yellow teleport on the inside by blocking the outside one against blocks... it's clear you'd need to get the bug to blow up the bomb via yellow teleport but I didn't see the specifics, nor did I see how to maneuver the ice block afterwards. Definitely a bad tutorial!

This level was my least favorite of the entire competition and I'm not afraid to admit that. Had this been H's only entry, it definitely would have been close to last place but I enjoyed Phantoms the most, so it was the stronger choice. His third entry I also didn't see how that's a tutorial-ish level but that was a little more enjoyable than Teleport Convolution.

Quote:Joshua's Entry: I knew it was against the 25x25, but didn't think it was a big deal either since it was 10xsomething. Then I just checked and it's 10x90...which is 900 tiles / 44% more space to work with than originally allowed. That's... yikes.

Honestly, this was my favorite level of the competition but I had to be fair to the rest who actually followed the given size limit for level entries. Making this 1st would have been a slap in the face to the ones who followed the rule. 3rd is the lowest I can go with this entry because it was still a fun level to play and definitely fit the tutorial theme.

Quote:Wrong of Way: This is honestly the level I thought would win it- very surprised to see it as far back as fifth!

World of Tanks: This is another one I expected to place a little better than it did.

I was conflicted with Wrong of Way and Conveyor Reversal, both of which used the same general concept but I enjoyed J.B.'s slightly more. Andrew's definitely had more going for it but it was clear to me J.B.'s was just barely more on the tutorial side. As for World of Tanks, it was alright but it didn't have much going for it - most the level was long corridors and didn't really make full use of the tanks in my opinion. The ending was my favorite part but it just wasn't enough to get a higher ranking.

Quote:Stickygate: You fell for the exact same trap I did when I played it..I think the solution to that part is to use the bribe and hook and red key to pull the arrow block down, giving more time to move? I still dislike that section of the level, though maybe not as much if it was the entire level.

This was the main reason I gave this 9th. I didn't like that section of the level either and I didn't know what kind of tutorial it was focusing on - it felt like it was all over the place and it just wasn't clear on what to do. I still think I did that red teleport portion wrong but I think 9th was a fair ranking, considering I didn't complete the level or really make much progress on it.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
June 2016 Create Comp - CC2 Tutorials! (First ever CC2 create!) - by Flareon350 - 11-Jul-2016, 11:20 PM