February 2016 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP3
Quote:I did kind of shortchange a couple of the levels in my comments, particularly Josh's, by not saying what was good and just pointing out some minor issues. I have found it not to be as fun to penalize levels for small things like this, such as Tropical Hibiscus
not working in Lynx, though on a subconscious level I might still be doing that.

I still don't think you should penalize that level, since I did fix this already. Besides it's a really simple fix, just replace that thief that steals your flippers with water. If I have to, I'll update the submissions from this create comp to update that level.

I should also mention since I did mostly get complaints about my levels, it was quite discouraging, especially because they were very minor issues. They were worth mentioning, just not worth being the only things mentioning. I still have to disagree on your views of the fire tile in Fire is My Enemy being ill-placed and even if it is, it's not that far in the level to have to restart. On the other hand, it's a completely different matter if precision isn't your thing, but again I don't feel like it's bad and if you still feel that way then it should be appreciated that it wasn't made worse than what it could have been.

Because I can't quote someone else in edits, here's my response to RB3ProKey's comment:

I'm inclined to agree with you to an extent. In my opinion, to get a full experience of a level, you have to mess up or die sometimes, otherwise the game is just too simple. I feel like a lot of players today lost the real aspect of the game, especially after CCLP1. I think players now feel like if a level can't solved on the first try or even their third try, then it's automatically considered a bad level or not a fun level to play, which I don't think is right. I feel like CCLP2 did this spot on right as did CCLP3, but the last 20-30 levels of CCLP3 really pushed that limit and eventually went overboard with it. I am hoping CCLP4 will be like CCLP2 in regards to figuring levels out and having an overall fun experience with whatever levels make it in that set.

For your level in particular I will admit was more of a guessing game at the end but because it's a short level it wasn't that annoying. It could have been worse and I appreciate that it wasn't.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
February 2016 Create Competition - Walls of CCLP3 - by Flareon350 - 17-Mar-2016, 1:39 PM