January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes
aaaaaand submissions are officially closed. Minor updates to already submitted levels will still be accepted until I judge the levels (more on that in a bit). In the cases of Benj and Miika (who both have a level that slightly stray from the palette), I've included a minor 'fix' within the palette, but won't use these for judging unless okayed by the submitter (I believe Benj did via e-mail, but I'm not sure of this. Miika's level took a bigger change, so I'm hoping to hear back with an update from him specifically). Since the levels could be adapted relatively easily, I don't think discounting those levels would be all that fair to the submitters, while judging equivalently wouldn't be entirely fair to the other submitters, so I'll be deducting 1 point from the overall total per tile use (currently 1 for Benj and 2 for Miika) assuming they aren't changed.

If that sounds convoluted it kind of is, and I do apologize for any potential confusion from this.

Anyway, here's the submitted levels, with my own test levels also included! Levels are ordered in the order I received them, sorted by palette.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/535-january-2016-create-levels-packaged/

Now for judging! I've only played my own levels and the ones that looked like they had obvious problems, so I'll have a semi-blind experience with each...which as mentioned a while ago, I'll be streaming the judging process on my twitch channel. Tentative timing for this is tomorrow evening, starting at around 6 PM EST. I'll post again in the thread when I start.

Gotta say though, the results blew my expectations out of the water. There's a very nice variety of play types for each palette and despite the same more restricted starting point, everything feels different.

So, to re-iterate:
  • Updates allowed until I judge
  • Miika and Benj should update to fix the issue
  • Judging will be streamed
  • Said judging will probably be done tomorrow
  • Great work designing everyone Thumbs up

My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes - by Ihavenoname248 - 14-Feb-2016, 12:23 AM