January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes
Miika: I'll have to go back and work out how to solve both of those then!

Josh: Serene Village on the outside is maybe a little large (28x28 walking area instead of 30x30 might have been slightly better, but it's still fun to wander around and the force floor slide lets you explore more quickly), and the inside being a simple puzzle where looking around before grabbing anything was key added just enough variety to the collection.

Benj: For Stressful maze, honestly I found it more fun with the bust, even after going back and solving it the intended way.

The pauses didn't affect Smoke on the water, they just let me react perfectly to the toggling in order to shut it on and off at will. I was able to get the yellow key by fiddling with the toggle button- I was lucky enough to have it turn off the cloning, which let me flip the toggle walls again, and since there was enough of a delay before the toggling restarted, I could get the yellow key in time. In fact, that the level had so many alternate solutions really made it open-ended: here's a puzzle, here's some tools, figure out a way to use them. If there was only the one intended solution, the level would have been much more frustrating. I've only seen open-ended puzzles done a few times, with J.B.'s Stress Fracture being the best example I can think of.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
January 2016 Create Competition - Palettes - by Ihavenoname248 - 15-Feb-2016, 9:28 AM