IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
Quote:10: Why do you give a password in the hint? The pattern of thin walls and ice is creative.

17: No. I'm sorry, I don't like it much. I appreciate the fact that you put gravel to prevent Chip from pushing against an invisible walls for a long time.

19: This reminds me of an ice block level you made for a Create Competition. I prefer the ice block version.

21: I think it's better than most of Ultimate Chip (1).dat.

22: The blobs are not cloned fast enough to make it painful. The fireball part reminds me of Glider and Fire. And why the bug?

23: A fascinating idea. It is much more creative than just toggle walls. I like the fact that the level remains solvable after the balls have cloned.

29: Perhaps my favorite level so far.

34: One of the most creative cypher levels ever.

35: The title is hilarious. The level is fun.

39: Really fascinating. I solved it by working my way from the exit to the fire boots.

40: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

43: Another level I would like to see in CCLP4.

44: I prefer the previous level. This one feels very different.

47: An interesting way to build an itemswapper.

50: It feels different from many other levels. I like the fact that no precise timing is required on the force floor slide.

51: This level could have been good, but it was ruined by slide delay. Sorry.

53: This feels a little like Deserted Battlefield. The wall feels a little out of place, but replacing it with a block cloner would be a little mean.

56: A really creative level. The various steps to solve it are fun.

57: The title is extremely appropriate. The only problem I have is the teeth getting stuck in the teleport, rendering the level unsolvable.

60: A really unusual block pushing level. It was fun and not tedious at all.

61: A really simple level. I don't really understand why it was made. Sorry.

63: Do you have any plans to publicly release this other game? As for this level, it is really creative.

64: The layout of the level makes it slightly confusing. But that's what makes it different.

65: It took me forever to solve the first room, becuase I was searching for a complex solution when it was really easy. The sokoban is all right, but I have seen some better ones in UC3 and earlier in this set.

66: The title is funny. The level is fun to play, An interesting challenge would have been to add the green key later on, but the level is still fun.

70. The red key and the tank are not required. Is this intentional or a bust? Still, this level is nice.

72: It's interesting. I prefer the ball part, which reminds me of a level in CCLP1. I prefer this version.

75: The hint explains everything that needs to be known. The level is fun. Is the force floor Pi intentional?
10: I decided to have hints in out of the way places with passwords in them, because I liked the idea of having to look for hints.

17: It's the obligatory invisible wall level, except it's not a maze.

19: I made this one first and replaced all the blocks with ice blocks for the create level.

23: This maze concept is my favorite in the set, honestly. That's saying a lot since I had some good ones Tongue

29: I always found it to be fun, but not that great.

34: I'd say it's probably one of the most subtle, but not creative.

39: First level made for UC4. I solve it that way, too.

40: Honestly, I like most of the level. I still feel like the walker room should be redesigned further, especially for a CCLP.

43: Agreed!

44: Intentionally different. Fun fact: this and the previous level were made over 100 levels apart.

51: I was careful when designing that part to make sure the slide delay shenanigans would never kill Chip or cook the level.

53: That was the idea when designing it.

56: Anothing of my favorite maze concepts.

57: I noticed that after the fact, though there is a way to make the tooth monster not get stuck.

60: That was exactly the intent: block on water is really underused.

61: It's a simple walker dodging level with wide open spaces. It serves as a nice bit of variety from some of the other levels surrounding it.

63: No plans to publicly release it if it's not already available from the Dragonfly engine site-I don't even have the final version of the source code available.

64: Another of my favorite maze concepts, though I went more of an itemswapper/collection route here.

65: Honestly, the sokoban didn't necessarily need to be tricky, it just needed to utilize the gimmick well, and that's what it did.

66: See #64 but with collection.

70. It's a bust made intentional- random 8 found it during testing, but since it forces a linear order I believe it's actually slower than doing both paths at once. Regardless, I think it adds to the level.

72: Nitroglycerin inspired the pink ball part.

75: The pi shape wasn't intended, it's just how the design of the rooms force the shape into.

Thanks for the feedback!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by Ihavenoname248 - 04-Mar-2015, 3:01 AM