IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: TradingPlaces, a collab with Josh!)
Quote:82: There is a minor bust in MS: it is not necessary to stop the cloning of walkers, only to walk through the tile in which they drown. The teeth part feels much harder than the rest of the level. Apart from that, it is fun.

83: This is a very creative level. I would like to see this in CCLP4.

89: I never played the original. I especially like the room where there is one solution per ruleset, and the last room.

95: Not solved yet. I am stuck at the beginning.

96: I would like to see this in CCLP4.

97: I don't know how I managed it, but this took me less attempts to solve than Knot.

99: Thanks for making only three keys required! Did you manage to solve it using the long method?

105: The problem I find with this level is that the various rooms don't seem to fit together very well. The blob room feels like an attempt to fill the rest of the map. Sorry.

108: I have the feeling the shape of the level is supposed to represent something. The gameplay is all right.

118: This is the best level title I have ever seen. As for the level, I would like to see it in CCLP4.

120: A really nice concept. However, I was slightly disappointed by the small size of the level.

136: I think this is very nice, but I would have preferred it if all four key colors were required

144: The level has not been solved yet, but I really like how the various rooms look like or play like several official levels.

146: A great level, good enough for CCLP4. the tank room was especially hard. I don't really see the point of the trap that cannot be accessed, but I guess that's all right.

149: One of the best levels of the set. I love how you used parts of several previous levels and some in UC3. A great way to finish a great set.

I'm looking forward to UC5.
82: It's very minor, so I don't think I'll be changing it within UC4. For a CCLP I'd probably have it fixed, though.

83: It might be a bit tough on the execution side to just solve for a CCLP, but I'm glad you liked the concept!

89: I put a lot of effort into making sure the last room couldn't be busted, kept the general theme of Valen's Fortress and could be done without stopping.

95: You have to get the 2 monsters nailed on the toggle door, and then push the block to nail on the monsters. It's a pretty tricky puzzle, though!

96: Me too Tongue

97: There's about 3 times as much time to spare here (in MS), so even though there's more opportunities for slides, there's also a lot more room to mess them up.

99: I have reached the hint. All it took was a bit of patience.

105: The different rooms were meant to be very different while fitting the theme of a structure that recreates itself over time. The blob room has gliders and components of the glider gun from Conway's Game of Life-unfortunately, any proper structure wouldn't fit! Blobs were the closest to automata as well, so I put a few in.

108: Cleyra is a location in Final Fantasy 9, and it's a tree surrounded by a sandstorm. I borrowed the roots and then a mechanism from FF9 (with the bugs representing sand flooding through) for inspiration: there's even a chase at the top!

118: I came up with the concept, made a level around it, and then the name hit me and I knew I had to use it.

120: I think the small size works in its favor, especially since it was difficult keeping the paths varied with the limiting aesthetic I chose.

136: It was tricky enough designing a good maze that worked with both keys without trying to add more colors in. At that point it would pretty much be ripping off Tunnel Clearance, as well: this keeps it as its own level.

144: I figured this was a good concept for 144, especially since by this point I'd played through CCLP3. This level also took the longest to design of the entire set, at 5 and a half hours. The Jungle/Jaywalker section underwent a lot of changes to keep it fair and allow recoveries from failed attempts.

146: The trap is hooked up to each of the buttons along the fireball path so that there's auditory feedback of "yep, this is going the right way!" in Lynx, as unconnected/useless buttons don't make a sound.

149: I agree-taking so many of the most memorable concepts and putting them all together in one level was something I knew I wanted to do from the beginning, it was only a question of which concepts and levels would be put in. Gravity Well, In the Pipeline, Cluttered Crosswalks, Error Code 512, Antidisruptive Caves and the ending from UC2's Storage Facility were things I definitely wanted to include, from there I drew up a list of about 40 levels I wanted stuff from, and cut it down to around 25, divided up into 3 groups and then built the level around that. This one took about 4.5 hours to make, but it definitely paid off.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter

Messages In This Thread
IHNN's levels feedback/discussion (New inside: IHNN1, for CC2!) - by Ihavenoname248 - 13-May-2015, 2:23 PM