CC Zone is closing down(?)
Hello everyone,

I haven't been in the Chip's Challenge Community for many years now, and this is not an easy thing for me to say without sounding like the bad guy, but I'm going to be brutally honest.

I can't keep paying for CC Zone anymore and I'm getting sick and tired of it. I'm always fighting on why I am spending money on something I never use such as this website. My Patreon no longer covers the monthly costs. I don't get alot of money to spend every month nowadays. I am still unemployed and am lucky in this current state to get any paid job. Supposedly there's a website that has replaced CC Zone from what I've been told on Facebook. If that's the case, then tell me why I should keep paying for CC Zone? What benefit does it give me? I make no money running this website anymore. To me, its just expenses for no reason which I could use for food or petrol.

The deadline will be 1st February 2020. I'm not paying for this website anymore and that's final. I've had enough and nobody cares anymore. Back everything up while you can.

Tom Patten

UPDATE: I am willing to negotiate for someone to take over CC Zone before the end of the month. After that, I am putting my foot down on this for good. This is not a joke.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:3 hours ago, AdrenalinDragon said:

Supposedly there's a website that has replaced CC Zone from what I've been told on Facebook.

I'm not paying for this website anymore and that's final. I've had enough and nobody cares anymore.

Back everything up while you can.

I'm picking out these 3 parts of the message to respond to because I feel like those are the important parts. Bitbusters.club does exist now, but it doesn't contain a forum and in fact links to CCZone in many places. It also doesn't host sets itself (barring the contents of the now defunct Yahoo groups).

Nobody is going to make you continue paying for CCZone, but that doesn't mean that full ownership of the site couldn't be transferred to someone who would- I know that interests come and go and the community greatly appreciates what you've done for it over the years.

As for backing everything up- a few people have been trying to do exactly that by getting in contact with you, to get a database backup, knowing that the site was a financial burden!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Hey Tom,

I want to start by thanking you for all you've done for CC Zone over the years, especially in carrying the financial burden and in donating your spare time. I understand that there is a real financial cost associated with keeping CC Zone open in its current form and totally get that you don't want to continue paying for a website that is of no use to you.

That said, I am sad to hear that you've decided to close CC Zone without giving the community any opportunity to discuss alternatives. As IHNN mentioned above, there's been a number of scattered attempts in the last few months trying to get ahold of you to discuss some options about migrating CC Zone to a cheaper host and completely offloading your financial burden. To make this possible, I'd need to coordinate with you to get a database backup of the full forum from InvisionZone and am hoping you would be open to doing this so that the community does not need to start over on a new forum with all the past history lost.

If you are interested in discussing the details further, please get in touch with me either on our CCBBC Discord or by email: cowman133@gmail.com. I had sent you an email last week about this very predicament, but am unsure if you saw it.

Thanks,

Cowman
Thief
Quote:4 hours ago, Cowman said:

Hey Tom,

I want to start by thanking you for all you've done for CC Zone over the years, especially in carrying the financial burden and in donating your spare time. I understand that there is a real financial cost associated with keeping CC Zone open in its current form and totally get that you don't want to continue paying for a website that is of no use to you.

That said, I am sad to hear that you've decided to close CC Zone without giving the community any opportunity to discuss alternatives. As IHNN mentioned above, there's been a number of scattered attempts in the last few months trying to get ahold of you to discuss some options about migrating CC Zone to a cheaper host and completely offloading your financial burden. To make this possible, I'd need to coordinate with you to get a database backup of the full forum from InvisionZone and am hoping you would be open to doing this so that the community does not need to start over on a new forum with all the past history lost.

If you are interested in discussing the details further, please get in touch with me either on our CCBBC Discord or by email: cowman133@gmail.com. I had sent you an email last week about this very predicament, but am unsure if you saw it.

Thanks,

Cowman

Ok. I am willing to send over a backup file of the MySQL Database. Someone else needs to take over CC Zone by the end of this month because I'm only paying for January and that's it.

UPDATE: Joined the CCBBC Discord server to sort this out. CC Zone will not close down if this is all solved before the deadline.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]