any way to convert .dat, .c2m, .pzm, and .tws into each other?
so I was wondering if there was any way to convert .dat, .c2m, .pzm, and .tws into each other. some kinds of conversion tools like dat2c2g, maybe recreate the files using a level editor or something else?

file information for anyone who doesn't recognize some of the files formats

.dat files: chip's challenge level set files.

.c2m files: chip's challenge 2 level set files.

.pzm files: PuzzleStudio level files.

.tws: tile world level set files.
[Image: 47109.png]
CCCreator can open .dat, .ccl (both CC1 formats) and .c2m (.c2g support soon?) files.

.pzm I don't believe is cross-compatible.

.tws is actually Tile World Solution file and it uses .dat/.ccl files, as well as .dac file which are literally just text files that point to a .dat or .ccl in the data folder.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:23 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

. pzm I don't believe is cross-compatible.

I do think it is compatible. I see a bunch of CC1 tiles in puzzle studio. Sometimes, they just have different sprites.
.pzm support in CCCreator may be possible down the road; right now I'm too busy with other features of the editor to learn how .pzm files and elements work.

And to clarify what IHNN said: .tws files contain only the steps of a solution; they require a .dat/.ccl file alongside to provide the map data. So, a .tws file by itself cannot be converted into any kind of map file format.
can I please have a download link for CCCreator, please?
.pzm files are just the Lua export of Puzzle Studio. It's like JSON. Also, not all of the elements of Puzzle Studio are compatible with Chip's Challenge 2.

You can find CC Creator here: http://www.pillowpc2001.net/CCCreator/
Quote:29 minutes ago, papperboy3498 said:

can I please have a download link for CCCreator, please?

http://www.pillowpc2001.net/CCCreator/

Do note that even though you can import a CC1 set and export it as CC2 levels, some differences in button connections (and other assorted quirks) means that there's no guarantee the exported level will be solvable. Likewise, opening a CC2 level and exporting as a CC1 level won't work if the CC2 level has anything that a CC1 level can't do- such as being a size other than 32x32, stacking thin walls and other objects, or even not connecting trap/clone buttons.

Puzzle Studio levels would have to be manually recreated and may not always be possible to convert. I've actually never used it, but I know that there are more types of key than in CC1 or CC2, among other things.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter