Any way to make monsters skate?
Say I want a glider to turn left when it hits something (whilst it is on ice) instead of just bounching back the way it came even if the tile to the left is vacant. There's no way to do this is there?

A WIP level I have a glider going clockwise around a loop (every tile is ice or ice-turns), I want the solution to involve the player making the glider go anti-clockwise but this puzzle will only work if there is a way for the glider to somehow leave the loop. And every tile in the loop has to be ice btw because for the puzzle to work there has to be a Chip character going round and round the loop too without interruption.
Unfortunately, gliders can't pick up boots so what you want to do is impossible. A couple possible alternatives:
  • Rover on ice. They can pick up boots, but the behavior won't match that of a glider and potentially be inconsistent on collecting the boots.

• Ghost on ice. They ignore ice, though, so they would be moving slower than the sliding Chip without speed boots.

• Chip or Melinda mimic instead of a glider.

• Force floor with area button to reverse it as part of the loop.

My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Another option: replace the Chip on ice with a yellow tank and insert a yellow tank button in the loop.

Quote:10 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

Ghost on ice. They ignore ice, though, so they would be moving slower than the sliding Chip without speed boots.

They also won't turn on ice, with or without skates, so the ice corners would have to be changed.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:On 6/24/2018 at 5:09 PM, Ihavenoname248 said:

Force floor with area button to reverse it as part of the loop.

Force floor can also be reversed with wires, which might make for a more elegant solution.

Also, what about simply deflecting the glider with a block?
Quote:6 hours ago, The Architect said:

Force floor can also be reversed with wires, which might make for a more elegant solution.

Also, what about simply deflecting the glider with a block?

Wires can't be placed on ice, and so would require replacing more ice.

Likewise, gliders can reverse on ice but not turn as was originally asked.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:4 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

Wires can't be placed on ice, and so would require replacing more ice.

The wires can go around...? (Though idk how elegant that'd be)

Also, they can, but you'd need to set it up: melt an ice block on it, then direct another ice block into the resulting water.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:16 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

Likewise, gliders can reverse on ice but not turn as was originally asked.

Well, if the goal is to make the glider turn at a right angle I'm not sure how much a reversible force floor would help either.

Another possibility is a red or blue teleport on the ice path, which could be temporarily redirected.
teleporters can't be placed on ice, otherwise I would have done that
Does every single tile have to be ice? Or just a tile that makes Chip slide? Seemed like the latter from your description.

Quote:On 6/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, Gavin said:

And every tile in the loop has to be ice btw because for the puzzle to work there has to be a Chip character going round and round the loop too without interruption.

So -- a teleport that can be redirected temporarily to divert the glider, then put right back in phase to keep Chip sliding around the loop.
I put one teleporter on the ice loop, and another teleporter elsewhere that is blocked so chip and the glider won't be able to leave the loop until another player unblocks the other teleporter. This seems the best way to achieve what I want to do.