CCLP4 storyline?
The one-year anniversary for CCLP4 is approaching. Where is the storyline?
I had hoped to have finished my editor long before now, so I could focus on the CCLP4 story and get it finished in time for the anniversary. Unfortunately, the editor's development has bogged down several times, and is still probably at least a couple months from completion. So I don't know when I'll have time to finish the CCLP4 story. It's still on my radar, though -- assuming the community does not (understandably) get tired of waiting on me and ask someone else to do it. Slight frown
I'd do it if I had decent knowledge with writing. But I don't.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:7 hours ago, The Architect said:

I had hoped to have finished my editor long before now, so I could focus on the CCLP4 story and get it finished in time for the anniversary. Unfortunately, the editor's development has bogged down several times, and is still probably at least a couple months from completion. So I don't know when I'll have time to finish the CCLP4 story. It's still on my radar, though -- assuming the community does not (understandably) get tired of waiting on me and ask someone else to do it. Slight frown

As there are more level players than level designers, I would encourage you to focus on the CCLP4 story and finish it in time for the anniversary, after which you can resume editor development. Personally, the lack of a storyline has reduced motivation to finish the harder levels in CCLP4.
Quote:1 hour ago, hkn said:

Personally, the lack of a storyline has reduced motivation to finish the harder levels in CCLP4.

A story won't exactly help you with those levels...

Quote:1 hour ago, hkn said:

As there are more level players than level designers, I would encourage you to focus on the CCLP4 story and finish it in time for the anniversary, after which you can resume editor development.

Where did those stats come from? There's actually a lot more designers than you think Wink
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Quote:4 hours ago, Flareon350 said:

A story won't exactly help you with those levels...

It might help with motivation, as hkn said. I do understand where he's coming from.

However...

Quote:4 hours ago, Flareon350 said:

Where did those stats come from? There's actually a lot more designers than you think Wink

I'd like to add that I've heard many people talk about the need for an improved CC2 editor (not to mention one that makes it easier to port their CC1 levels). But so far hkn is the only person I've heard express a need for the CCLP4 storyline (though others have definitely expressed interest).
Quote:9 minutes ago, The Architect said:

It might help with motivation, as hkn said. I do understand where he's coming from.

True, but who plays CC for the story?
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects