Gimmick Isle
Hello again, wonderful Chipsters!

I find myself at a loss once more, this time with Gimmick Isle, which is one of the levels I have been unable to complete for many months. I can get almost to the end (I think). I have all the chips, plus gravity boots, a yellow key, and a green key. I've used only about half the available time, so I'm thinking there must be something major I'm missing.

There seems to be one more yellow key than there are yellow locks--at least, I haven't been able to find another yellow lock. Could that be the key to the exit? I don't see how it could be the the red key, because if I get the red key, the bug gets trapped in the force floor and blocks the obvious exit, whether I open the gate or not.

Not looking for the answer...just a nudge in the right direction. Flushed

Thanks!

Melissa
The hint is, in fact, a hint, and the socket is necessary to solve the level.

With what you know about the items in the level, is there any way to expend less resources than you have been?

As for the yellow keys, the extra one is just that: extra, as part of the puzzle in the area to determine how to collect enough.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Bingo!! Got it! Thank you!! Chip Win Thumbs up Clapping

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_07/image.png.fdbe25c7e682b40f4545ac768edcbeb4.png[/img]

Now I have to try and beat that time. Tongue

I literally have nothing better to do on my vacation, haha. Just trying to figure out the levels I haven't been able to beat.

Thanks again!

Melissa

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)